Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we talk about Spelling in Grade 3 and above?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked lately? I feel like i saw it when I placed an order recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
      Have you checked lately? I feel like i saw it when I placed an order recently.
      I searched the site with phonics and spelling .... but came up empty. I sent a message over to the sales department last evening, too.
      Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
      DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
      DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
      DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
      DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
      DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

This may have been answered somewhere else and if it was I apologize. I am doing TS 1 and for instance Lesson 6, Day 1 it lists some work under Classical Phonics. I have been assuming this is the MP Classical Phonics, A Child's Guide to Word Mastery, Book. But the work listed by page does not match with the pages in the CP book I have. Are there revisions to the Classical Phonics book that may have caused this or am I completely off track here. Help would be appriciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelina View Post
          This may have been answered somewhere else and if it was I apologize. I am doing TS 1 and for instance Lesson 6, Day 1 it lists some work under Classical Phonics. I have been assuming this is the MP Classical Phonics, A Child's Guide to Word Mastery, Book. But the work listed by page does not match with the pages in the CP book I have. Are there revisions to the Classical Phonics book that may have caused this or am I completely off track here. Help would be appriciated.
          yes, a new edition of the book was released a couple of years ago. I can’t pull the link right now, but I believe the cross-reference PDF is linked on the Classical Phonics product page on MP’s website.
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC, Breaking the Barrier French
          DS15: MP, MPOA, HSC
          DS12: Mash-up of 6/7M
          DS11: SC 4
          DD9: 3A with First Form Latin (long story!)
          DD8: Mash-up of SC 1/2
          DD5: January birthday, using SC B and C as a two-year JrK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post

yes, a new edition of the book was released a couple of years ago. I can’t pull the link right now, but I believe the cross-reference PDF is linked on the Classical Phonics product page on MP’s website.
            The cross reference is here: https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...sical-phonics/ - just scroll down a bit.
            Christine

2020/2021)
            DD1 8/23/09 - MP4 (Math 5)
            DS2 9/1/11 - SC 5/6 2 year pace
            DD3 2/9/13 -SC2/Storytime Treasures/AAR

Previous Years
            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1
            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR)

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

I searched the site with phonics and spelling .... but came up empty. I sent a message over to the sales department last evening, too.
              I'm looking for this too......any more info regarding this?
              Christine

2020/2021)
              DD1 8/23/09 - MP4 (Math 5)
              DS2 9/1/11 - SC 5/6 2 year pace
              DD3 2/9/13 -SC2/Storytime Treasures/AAR

Previous Years
              DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6
              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1
              DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

I'm looking for this too......any more info regarding this?
                I asked before NYE, and I was told that it should go to the printer next week. So, maybe check back later this month?
                Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
                DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
                DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
                DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
                DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
                DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

We are still working on these, but they are in the editing stage, so we are getting closer. Dianna is right that if you check back toward the end of the month, I will have more exact timing.

Tanya

Comment

Wow, well, you all convinced me about the MP way of spelling and phonics!!! Just ordered TS 2 for my fourth grader who is behind in spelling!
                    Ora et Labora!
                    Emily

Beech Tree Boarding School, 2020-2021
                    DD (age 9): 4NU
                    DD (age 7): MP 1
                    DS (age 4): MP Jr. K
                    "I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time, I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." Wendell Berry

Comment

The logic behind the first question is that students are good at grasping sounds, thus phonics would come easily and also lay a foundation for what lies ahead. Once the basic education on phonics is done, only reading literature would expose them to new words that would require different pronunciations. Thus, phonics leads to the reading of literature, which in turn introduces new words that use different sounds, which again results in developing phonics. Thus, basically a chain reaction.

Comment

Working...
                      X