ABC Book of Early Americana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC Book of Early Americana

I was looking at third grade and saw that this book is recommended for second grade. Where was this listed? I never saw that we needed it this year. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...rly-americana/

This book was truly wonderful. Both of my kids have loved pouring over it. It has line illustrations of early American inventions and common mechanical items, tools, bridge, home and barn construction explanations. A few of the terms from the Little House and Farmer Boy books end up in there.. It is not necessary, though. I doubt a library would have it, but it's worth seeing if you can swing it.
    Mama to 2

Summer:
    MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
    SY 20/21
    4A

Comment

We added that book as optional for the years we read Laura Ingalls Wilder because she describes many tools of early America with which our students have no familiarity. The dictionary provides pictures that provide a clearer picture. This book is completely optional!

Comment

Michelle T The book looks lovely! I am going to order it. Where was it listed, though? I totally missed it!

Comment

Click here for a link to the book.

Comment

Jessica Louise You're right. It's listed as a supplement in the 3rd Grade Curriculum Package. Not sure why the book description links to the 2nd grade curriculum.
            DD13—MP7, MPOA
            DS7—MP1

Comment

karl_bark , thanks!

Comment

Third grade likely links to it because we read Farmer Boy, also by Laura Ingalls Wilder, for which the dictionary will be helpful!

Comment

Working...
                X