Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Louise
    replied
    Thank you, ladies, this all sounds good. We worked on fine motor skills for years...then last year's concussion set us back in everything. She doesn't even have the stamina to run like she used to. I wonder if she'll ever really recover. You're guidance is encouraging. We will just work toward slowly increasing the workload, as she becomes more capable. Thank you, again!!!

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    And a good reminder for every year is that the way you start out the year should not be the way you are finishing the year. As you make progress, you keep making more of those adjustments. Some coasting is good so they gain confidence and rest a bit from things being challenging, but then you coach them along to try for more, raising the bar little bits by little bits.

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    It sounds like what you're doing is how all of us start out with our students. The work load needs to be slowly increased as the student is able. Rest at an appropriate level while stamina is built. Having come from a predominantly oral curriculum (CM), my MP2er needed time to strengthen the muscles in her hand. It did get better. By about week 8, ask your student if the workload seems easier or lighter. Adjust from there.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    I think this depends what kind of learner your kid is, and more help to come. Keep at it, momma!

Leave a comment:

• Jessica Louise
    started a topic Too much to write

Too much to write

Everything is starting to go well with our MP 2nd grade program, except that my dd just cannot write so much. I am only having her write what seems necessary. For example, for lit comprehension I have only had her write out two answers, and we discuss the rest of the questions orally. However, for Latin I have had her write everything (except copybook as we are just beginning NAC) so that we can master the vocab. Does anyone have any pointers on how to prioritize what needs to be written, verses what just needs to be learned? Thank you, again!!!
Working...
X