Copybook II (first grade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copybook II (first grade?)

I am confused about what I am actually supposed to assign in week 3. I have the 2nd grade TM, but copybook II (Quotes) and printed of Copybook II lesson plans. I understand the language lesson aspect of the program; my question is about the assigned copywork. Am I to assign a two-page spread every single day until "Frogs at School" is complete, then only assign one page of copywork per week thereafter? Could someone clarify this for me? Thank you!

Hello.

You would only complete the first 6 lines this week. Each week, your curriculum manual should tell you which lines to complete. This is what mine looks like for Week 3: Copybook II: “Frogs at School” (first 6
    lines) introduction, pp. 27-33. Does yours not say "first 6 lines"? How old is your curriculum manual? I don't remember having a problem with this in the past, but maybe we added it later for clarification?

There will be only one page of copywork in the Copybook each week. Our goal is that you immerse your students in one short piece that they can study and then memorize within the course of a week.

Tanya

Comment

tanya Hello! Sorry that you had to reply on a Sunday. I think I might just have the wrong lesson plans as the pages don't seem to line up. I bought classical core 2nd grade in August of this year, but because my dd had not yet taken NAC 1, I also bought Copybook II "Quotes from Famous People" and the printable lesson plans for (the original?) Copybook II. Maybe my lesson printable lesson plan and my copybook don't quite match up?

Comment

tanya . Could you clarify this for me? Is copywork worked on every day of the school week until the assigned portion is completed, or is it all done on Thursday's step 4? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica Louise View Post
          tanya Hello! Sorry that you had to reply on a Sunday. I think I might just have the wrong lesson plans as the pages don't seem to line up. I bought classical core 2nd grade in August of this year, but because my dd had not yet taken NAC 1, I also bought Copybook II "Quotes from Famous People" and the printable lesson plans for (the original?) Copybook II. Maybe my lesson printable lesson plan and my copybook don't quite match up?
          That explains it. That is a charter school version. It's sold to parents who cannot order religious materials because their school choice funds prohibit it, so you might call MP if you ordered it from them to see if they have lesson plans that correspond to it. Also, you could return/resell it and order the one that corresponds to the lesson plans you have. The one that is used in MP1 is here.

Mama to 2

Summer:
          MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
          SY 20/21
          4A

Comment

enbateau . Thank you.

Comment

Jessica Louise,

The copybook actual copying is done on one day. Then, the next day, we go back over it, proofread, and correct. I always like to follow the directions in the front of the copybook with the 7 steps. We really do Steps 1-2 the first day. And we work on Step 3 all week. Step 4 is after we have had the verse on the board a couple of days and really analyzed it. Steps 6-7 go together too - they can draw the picture and formally recite the verse for you on the same day. Individual teachers break this up differently, but we do always complete all 7 steps each week. I would spend a couple of days on Steps 1-3, which would be totally oral work before moving on to the copying.

I hope that helps.

Tanya

Comment

tanya , Thank you so much! That really clarifies the process!

Comment

Working...
                X