2nd Grade Enrichment Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Grade Enrichment Part 1

For second grade, is part 1 of each week's enrichment completed on Monday?

Off-hand, I'm not sure what is described as "part 1", but we (typically) do literature on Monday, Art/Music on Tuesday, Poetry & Craft on Wednesday, History & Culture on Thursday, and Science on Friday/over the weekend. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you dlwright12 . Does that mean that you do all of the prereading, vocabulary, questions, and language lesson on Monday?

Comment

The vocabulary is only meant to be for you as a teacher to use as needed when you run across words your student may not be familiar with as you read. So it shouldn't take any time at all.

Just thought I'd add that note in case you thought you needed to teach a vocabulary lesson here!

Tanya

Comment

Jessica Louise We do. I keep the enrichment guide with me as we read, and talk about the vocabulary/questions as we read, discuss any background information about the author and illustrator, and do the language lesson when we are finished.

I can't say that's specifically how others do it, or how it is intended to be done, but that is what has been working for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            The vocabulary is only meant to be for you as a teacher to use as needed when you run across words your student may not be familiar with as you read. So it shouldn't take any time at all.

Just thought I'd add that note in case you thought you needed to teach a vocabulary lesson here!

Tanya
            ^^ This. Also, many families will read the book each day, asking different questions each time, rather than doing all the questions in one day.
            Jennifer
            Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC, Breaking the Barrier French
            DS15: MP, MPOA, HSC
            DS12: Mash-up of 6/7M
            DS11: SC 4
            DD9: 3A with First Form Latin (long story!)
            DD8: Mash-up of SC 1/2
            DD5: January birthday, using SC B and C as a two-year JrK

Comment

tanya Thank you! That is helpful! We love the list, and we plan to add a few to her Fancy Word Box. However, there are a few too many to master in one week! Thank you for getting me up to speed!

Comment

dlwright12 Thank you. That does help clarify what we need to do. I guess Monday is just a longer school day, maybe?

Comment

jen1134 Thank you. I think that that may work well for us.

Comment

Jessica Louise For us, yes. Monday is our longest day, but not considerably longer than other days. We just seem to spend more time reviewing previous concepts and covering new topics (such as new Latin vocabulary and new spelling words) on the first day of our week. Once those begin to become more familiar, the other days seem to go a bit quicker.

Comment

dlwright12 How long do think an average Monday runs? How long do you think other days run?

Comment

This is just an estimate, but I would say most of our days run about 3 hours, and Monday takes maybe 3 1/2.

Comment

Thank you, dlwright12 !

Comment

Working...
                          X