X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Originally posted by klwalukas View Post
    If holding off on this deeper option, I found the Hillsdale College lectures on Aristotle's Ethics a nice introduction, as well as a way to whet the appetite for all things Aristotle!
    Kristin
    Yes! I've watched that one multiple times! I'm devouring the Intro to Western Philosophy one right now. Huge fan here!

Leave a comment:

• klwalukas
    replied
    If holding off on this deeper option, I found the Hillsdale College lectures on Aristotle's Ethics a nice introduction, as well as a way to whet the appetite for all things Aristotle!
    Kristin

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Thank you, pickandgrin. I think that is the way forward for me, I just have to figure out when would be the best time to jump in. I almost jumped in over the summer but with our move in and all the unknowns for the year, we decided it was beat to wait.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Non-credit was just the thing for me, Beorn. I'm at an audit-only season of life, but I'm working hard on my own. Of course Mr. Cothran and the course material itself were excellent but the icing on the cake was the incredible level of educated-ness present among the attendees. I'm not talking about people with degrees (though I am sure they were present, too). I am talking about people who read, think, and ask good questions. A lot of them were homeschool parents. I highly recommend a non-credit elective option here and there as time allows. I'm looking forward to watching MC grow and flourish. I have talked to multiple educators over the last year who have had a chance to teach homeschool parents various topics. The unanimously said that teaching motivated adults is a treat!

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    I want to take some of these classes, but I am torn on the credit/no-credit option. I think I would take it more seriously for credit, but time and expectations are my concern. I could apply, but with a bachelors and masters in engineering and very little humanities background I am not sure I am up to snuff. I would be interested in what one should cover before jumping into these classes.

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    We're going to need a Memoria College section here one day. When/if the crazy busy-ness subsides, I'd like to hear about your experience this summer.

Leave a comment:

• OT: Memoria College, Tracy Lee Simmons & Aristotle's Ethics

I put OT, but is Aristotle ever truly OT? I don't think so...

Memoria College: If you enroll in this elective class can you watch the class recordings after the fact, and if so, for how long? I'm not sure I can be available in that window but am super interested in this course (non-credit)!
Working...
X