Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Form Latin - Difference Between Editions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post

Honestly, it is going to take you awhile to get to the point where you really need the extra space for parsing. You will be just fine until the workbook arrives.
    Thanks, that's great to know in case there are any unforeseen delays! It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday, so we won't even be through the lesson I downloaded yet :-)

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post

Thanks, that is so encouraging to hear! I printed out the Student Workbook sample to use. Hopefully the new will be here before we are done with it. With MP as fast as they are, and my choosing UPS, I'm hopeful!
    Honestly, it is going to take you awhile to get to the point where you really need the extra space for parsing. You will be just fine until the workbook arrives.

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post

Haha! Indeed. There's nothing like finding the exact answer to your question already posted somewhere!
    Somehow it seems to help search results, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Originally posted by Beorn View Post
    No need to add anything here, she played the tanya royal flush hand.
    Haha! Indeed. There's nothing like finding the exact answer to your question already posted somewhere!

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by Beorn View Post
    Hahahaha! I kept searching and finally found what I was looking for. I should have done that before posting, but I was in a semi-panic because we are starting and just found out there is a second edition.

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    pickandgrin I just found this from Tanya...

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    So glad!

(#tencharacters)

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by enbateau View Post
    You won't be disappointed. I love the way they systemized the parsing. I ate the cost of a brand new workbook, key and quizzes that I bought just before the change so I could use the new one. I even used the format to make my own worksheets during the end of Latina Christiana, and it really helped my student.
    Thanks, that is so encouraging to hear! I printed out the Student Workbook sample to use. Hopefully the new will be here before we are done with it. With MP as fast as they are, and my choosing UPS, I'm hopeful!

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    You won't be disappointed. I love the way they systemized the parsing. I ate the cost of a brand new workbook, key and quizzes that I bought just before the change so I could use the new one. I even used the format to make my own worksheets during the end of Latina Christiana, and it really helped my student.

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    pickandgrin I just found this from Tanya. In this case, I'll order the new workbook, quizzes, and key...and fudge with the ones I have until they arrive. I am so not a last minute person, and not only am I starting school way later than usual but finding several things at the last minute...so stressful, LOL! Thanks for your help!!

We have just released (yesterday?) the FFL 2nd ed. Teacher Key, Workbook, and Quizzes & Tests Booklet. The text and teacher manual have not changed. The content is all the same, but for the workbook, we are forcing students to parse their form drills. Our teachers were having students parse on separate sheets of paper, so we decided to incorporate more parsing into the workbook. This meant we have fewer sentences/form drills, but students are having to parse every word. I'll attach a sample here: Sample Difference between 1st-2nd editions Lesson 1.pdf The first page shows the old workbook and the second page is the 2nd edition. We tried it at HLS last year, and everyone loved it. And our SFL teachers said the students were more prepared for SFL. So, we perfected it in the classrooms this year and got it ready to go to the printer for the rest of the world.

The complication is that the new workbook and quizzes require a new teacher key. So if you have an old key, you will need to replace it when you buy your new workbook and quizzes. But the text and teacher manual have not and will not change. Vocabulary is the same, grammar forms are the same, sayings are the same. This only affects the workbook, quizzes, and key.

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    pickandgrin Okay, so is the main difference that they are doing parsing for all the Form Drills instead of a handful at the beginning of the Form Drills? It also looks like it add some Vocabulary Drills? Is this correct?

Do you think one use the new edition with the old DVD's? I could start with what we have, order the new teacher/student materials, then use them when they come. Are the flash cards also different?

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    Much more guided/forced parsing. I highly recommend the new edition!
    Hmmm, I saw the new instructor, and I much prefer the previous instructor (she seems very nice, but we found her too much like Barbie on the Latina Christiana videos). Plus, we start school tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if the new samples will help me decide. I still have one more to go using SC, so I may have to upgrade eventually regardless. I do have my older daughter to help my current child taking it (she is an A+ student with MPOA taking Henle II: Cicero this year). Do you think that will help if we stick with the first edition?
    Last edited by Cheryl in CA; 09-09-2020, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Much more guided/forced parsing. I highly recommend the new edition!

Leave a comment:

• First Form Latin - Difference Between Editions?

I just noticed that there is now a Second Edition for First Form Latin. How can I find out what the differences are between Editions? Thanks!
Working...
X