Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickandgrin
    replied
    We used English Grammar Practice last year in second grade and saved Prima for this year (third). It was such an amazing practice book and helped my student form a lot of very good habits. There are little phrases that we use even now in English Grammar Recitation 1 that are carryovers from doing our editing last year in English Grammar Practice.
    Two days per week was plenty for us. ?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Katie,

Before we made our little book, we used Daily Oral Language for these exercises:

https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Oral-La...FR7RE4V1FEARQN

Wow. That's one heck of a link. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    Originally posted by Katie View Post
    I’d love to see this book have daily exercises instead of only twice a week. My two second graders love this. It only takes minutes a day. They have asked to do it everyday so here we are at week 4 in the CM but week 8 in EGP. What to do after we fly through this book? Just not a fan of Core skills books. We all much prefer MP style.
    FWIW, I taught MP2 before MP released these pages, and I wound up making many of my own. It took me <5 minutes per sheet. And I saved them all in case I need more come time for the next kid to cycle through. If your child likes more review, take the same concept that your student enjoys practicing and invent your own sentences to underline for nouns and verbs, fill in the blank, form contractions, etc. For those eager learners who love the joy of recognition of a new concept, a few minutes a week can satisfy that longing.

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied
    I’d love to see this book have daily exercises instead of only twice a week. My two second graders love this. It only takes minutes a day. They have asked to do it everyday so here we are at week 4 in the CM but week 8 in EGP. What to do after we fly through this book? Just not a fan of Core skills books. We all much prefer MP style.

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    And to follow that...the interwoven-ness also means that this is not a one-and-done book either. Teach a bit for the things that are unfamiliar, and then trust that these concepts will be repeated in other texts to come as well. This is a great text for this age, but it also is not meant to be completely comprehensive either. Kids benefit from the introductory nature of it, but they also have a lot of years to master English grammar ahead of them!

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Michelle T
    replied
    One aspect of classical ed is how subjects are interwoven. Most of the skills are practiced in Storytime Treasures but they were taught first in First Start Reading or covered in the Enrichment program or during Calendar time, or Prima. Should your child not know how to do something, just teach a mini lesson. The goal of program is to give practiceso many of the skills will be repeated in the program.

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    Are you doing Prima Latina and Traditional Spelling II along with it? Are you supplementing with different products or holding off on PL until 3rd? The Core Skills sheets, Enrichment Language Lesson, Prima and TS II seemed to hit all of the relevant topics for grammar in MP2.

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic English Grammar Practice book

English Grammar Practice book

I bought the English Grammar Practice set last year for my then second grader, but set it aside because we hadn't covered what was being practiced. Before my next set of kids gets to that level...when/where/how do the kids learn the grammar skills practiced? One would think first grade since the book starts the second week in second? Is it in Story Time Treasures?
Working...
X