Phonics Flashcards Used in Kindergarten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonics Flashcards Used in Kindergarten

I’m getting ready to make a list of all the phonics flashcards used in kindergarten, and I thought I’d check here first, before reinventing the wheel. Is there a list of these cards somewhere, either in the curriculum itself, or in a resource that someone has already compiled?

TIA!

Katie

I don't have a kindergarten curriculum manual, but I do have the kindergarten phonics lesson plans. The appropriate phonics flashcards are indicated within each day's lesson plan.
    9th year homeschooling, 3rd year with MP
    Girl 6M
    Girl 3M
    Girl MPK
    Girl toddler

Levels we have completed: Preschool, Jr. K, 1, 2, 4NU, 5

Comment

Thank you!

To clarify: we did K last year and still have all the materials on hand. I’m making the list for a friend whose child didn’t do MP kindergarten, and is now doing MP first grade and wants to review the K flashcards. My plan is to comb back through the lesson plans week by week if necessary, unless there is a ready-made list available somewhere.

Comment

Somewhere in the world there is that Scope and Sequence document that might be a good starting place. I would start with long vowel (a_e) and short vowel sounds, all of the 2-letter consonant blends (58-85). Two letter ai/ay, ow, oa-only if doing the advanced track, and the 4 h teams. It could be missing/adding a few. The common words are easier to find in the FSR guide.
        Mama of 2, teacher of 3
        Summer: First Start French I
        SY 22/23
        6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim in group, and Koine Greek
        MP2 w/ R&S Arithmetic 3

Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
        SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

KZC,
          I wonder if these might be listed in the front or back of First Start Reading? My copy is packed up.
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
          DS Hillsdale College freshman
          DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
          DD 8th • HLN & Home
          DS 5th • HLN & Home
          Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
          Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...