R&S 4 student page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&S 4 student page

Can somebody please post a picture of what your student's workpage looks like? The first week, they wrote in the book, but it was very crowded. This week I asked them to use a separate notebook page. Disaster folks. Straight disaster. I can't even explain what I expect her page to look like. Hopefully somebody can help me out. Click image for larger version

Name:	15983038873685627886915022426998.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	124497
    DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
    DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
    DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

At HLS they use a graph paper spiral notebook, 4 squares to an inch. One number per square, two squares between problems in all directions. Lesson number at the top of the page.
    Susan

2021-2022
    A (13) - Simply Classical 7/8
    C (12) - Simply Classical 7/8
    G (8) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

Mead Five Star has these awesome 4 Quad graphing notebooks so I can stick the 200 fact Morning Math pages (we're using the drill forms from R&S) for the week. I rejected the graph paper last year, but I'm loving it for this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200824_175825.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	124500
      Mama of 2, teacher of 3
      SY 22/23
      6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim w/ Elementary Greek Year One
      MP2

Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
      SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math)

Comment

This is EXACTLY what we needed to see! I had already purchased graph paper for this year, but thought we wouldn't need it until later. Then I was worried that the 4*4 was too small. I guess you can get half inch.

Susan, can your son use that small of graph paper or did you need to use larger squares?
        DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.

We've completed:
        Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade

Comment

4 Quad is about the biggest they make: 4 squares over, 4 squares down, 16 total per square inch, so a quarter inch by a quarter inch for each square. The Sodalitas teachers recommend this size, and that's what we used. I also thought it was too small, but my eldest adapted well.
          Mama of 2, teacher of 3
          SY 22/23
          6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim w/ Elementary Greek Year One
          MP2

Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
          SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math)

Comment

If you can’t find notebooks, just get packs of the filler graph paper and put in a binder. Teach them to draw a box around the final answer to each problem to make checking their work easier.

Blessings,
            Jude
            DD24
            DS21
            DS18
            DS16
            DD14
            DS11
            DD9

Comment

I found some 1/2 inch graph paper and some 1 cm graph paper online. They're just a skosh different in size. I ordered both to compare. I have some 4x4 or 1/4 inch graph paper and it's just too small for my kids. I'll let everybody know how it goes...

We've completed:

Comment

Working...
              X