Music Appreciation/ Enrichment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Appreciation/ Enrichment

Does the Music Appreciation program match up in any way with the pieces covered in the K-2 enrichment?
    2022/2023
    6A
    4M
    ​​​​​​2
    K lite
    ​With a 2 year old and baby tag along

The Music Enrichment is part of each grade’s enrichment program in K-2. However the selections do not always theme as neatly as the art pieces and poetry. Some weeks it is evident how the music selection ties in but on other weeks the tie-in is a stretch. The goal for the music enrichment is to expose the student to some classic or classical pieces of music.

Comment

Michelle ,
      Sorry I wasn't clear! I was looking at the Music Appreciation I book for grades 3+ (considering do my oldest). Just was wondering if their was any match up between that and the primary Enrichment (that my littles will be doing).
      thanks!
      2022/2023
      6A
      4M
      ​​​​​​2
      K lite
      ​With a 2 year old and baby tag along

Comment

Originally posted by Ect876 View Post
        Michelle ,
        Sorry I wasn't clear! I was looking at the Music Appreciation I book for grades 3+ (considering do my oldest). Just was wondering if their was any match up between that and the primary Enrichment (that my littles will be doing).
        thanks!
        I don't think it really "lines up" by any means. The Music Appreciation book (we are only on week 2 of that book, but 5 years into MP) is more of an expansion of the K-2. So, pieces they heard in the K-2 appear here with more depth. You throughly study a piece, it's history and different things about it. It's really neat, actually!
        Christine

(2022/2023)
        DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
        DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Hello.

Music Appreciation does revisit pieces from K-2 Enrichment, but on a different level. We will eventually revisit all those pieces. Patrick Fata continues to write for us so that we can eventually have a grammar school music program that covers the K-2 music on a more advanced level.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X