First Grade Read Aloud materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grade Read Aloud materials

I hope this isn't an unwelcome question, but I'm having some issue finding some of the read aloud material in our libraries within an hour of our home. Does anyone know of any places to find these used?
    DD (10) - special needs
    DS (6)
    DD (1)

I often have good luck with Thriftbooks
    Ora et Labora!
    Emily

Beech Tree Boarding School, 2020-2021
    DD (age 9): 4NU
    DD (age 7): MP 1
    DS (age 4): MP Jr. K
    "I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time, I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." Wendell Berry

Comment

Check out eBay, Abebooks.com, Alibris.com, and the Amazon marketplace to gather a variety of sellers.
      DS (14)
      DD (13)
      DS (6)

Comment

Betterworldbooks

Comment

You're not the only one! Our library has purged many books worth reading. I just buy them outright now.

Rainbow Resource has a nice deal if you want ALL of them new because of the set savings. Every once in a while Target will have buy 2 get one free on all new books. B&N used to have the home educator teacher discount, which is an even better deal when you or a family member have a free shipping membership.

My only caveat is that since the whole US has decided to school at home, many of the deals out there just aren't to be had. Ebay is kind of a racket right now. In fact, I just bought 3 books from Memoria Press because they were selling for over retail price on every major platform. MP can be a great place to get those last books you can't find elsewhere. If you've subscribed to Classical Teacher, there is a coupon code inside the centerfold for $5 off.
          Mama to 2

Summer:
          MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
          SY 20/21
          4A

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
            You're not the only one! Our library has purged many books worth reading. I just buy them outright now.

Rainbow Resource has a nice deal if you want ALL of them new because of the set savings. Every once in a while Target will have buy 2 get one free on all new books. B&N used to have the home educator teacher discount, which is an even better deal when you or a family member have a free shipping membership.

My only caveat is that since the whole US has decided to school at home, many of the deals out there just aren't to be had. Ebay is kind of a racket right now. In fact, I just bought 3 books from Memoria Press because they were selling for over retail price on every major platform. MP can be a great place to get those last books you can't find elsewhere. If you've subscribed to Classical Teacher, there is a coupon code inside the centerfold for $5 off.
            Is Classical Teacher the curriculum magazine that comes in from MP?

I wondered if the influx of homeschoolers would have a negative impact (for me, not saying it’s bad for others to choose to homeschool) for finding our books.
            DD (10) - special needs
            DS (6)
            DD (1)

Comment

Yep. It probably came in your most recent order if you got your materials from MP.
              Mama to 2

Summer:
              MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
              SY 20/21
              4A

Comment

if you have a 2nd & Charles near you, I have had amazing success finding books on the 3rd grade list for a FRACTION of the price other places are asking, including eBay, and as an added bonus, you can see the condition of the book before buying.

Comment

Working...
                X