Intro to Comp Dictation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro to Comp Dictation

Do you use the same dictation for dictation 1 and 2? I only notice one dictation sentence in each lesson in the teacher key.
    Anne

2020/2021
    DD 8 - 3M with Prima Latina
    DD 6 - MP core 1st grade
    DS 4 - along for the ride

I'm confused as to Dictation 1 and 2. You read the same sentence 3 times in a row, then the student repeats it back. There is only one dictation sentence per lesson. We just finished Intro to Comp, 2nd edition. My student wrote the sentence I read aloud on the lines at the bottom of the page after we did the outline together (and after she finished her summary).
    Last edited by enbateau; 08-08-2020, 05:28 PM. Reason: clarity
    Mama to 2

Summer:
    MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
    SY 20/21
    4A

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
      I'm confused as to Dictation 1 and 2. You read the same sentence 3 times in a row, then the student repeats it back. There is only one dictation sentence per lesson. We just finished Intro to Comp, 2nd edition. My student wrote the sentence I read aloud on the lines at the bottom of the page after we did the outline together (and after she finished her summary).
      I was referring to the dictations that are listed in the Introduction to Composition lesson plans (which was separate from the Teacher Key). The lesson plan spreads ONE lesson over 3 days and I'm confused as to what is to be done on dictation 2.
      Days 1: Read, Guided Questions, Outline, Student Summary
      Day 2: Dictation 1
      Day 3: Dictation 2

It seems that the entire lesson could just be taught in one day. Is that what you did?
      Anne

2020/2021
      DD 6 - MP core 1st grade

Comment

I haven't used Into to Comp yet, but I am going to this coming year with SC 5/6. It calls for one lesson each week, all in one day. Grammar 4 days, Comp 1.
        Susan

2020-21
        A (12) - Simply Classical 5/6
        C (11) - Simply Classical 5/6
        G (7) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

Anne E, thank you for asking this question! I noticed the same thing in the lesson plans and have been wondering if I’m missing something. I too would love to know the source of “Dictation 2”.

Comment

Hello.

The dictation is meant to be given twice, but it is the same dictation. Ideally, students would correct their first attempt so that they have a better shot at a perfect dictation the second time around. If they get it perfectly the first time (all words spelled correctly and correct punctuation and capitalization), you could let them skip the second one.

Tanya

Comment

tanya, thank you for the clarification!!

Anne
              Anne

2020/2021
              DD 6 - MP core 1st grade

Comment

Working...
              X