Name:	IMG_0291.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	123706 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	123705

I can't remember who suggested it, but one of you wonderful, brilliant homeschool parents said that they take their books to Staples to get them cut so they could be put into 3 ring binders or spiral bound. I loved that idea. I bought the machines to do it myself because with 3 cores (soon 4), and TM, that would be a lot.

I even turned the Greek Myths into a spiral! I combined the all of the Latin teacher books into one with tabs. Traditional Spelling too. This was strangely therapeutic. I put tabs in to quickly locate answer keys, appendices, or separate out the supplemental books.

HFS (R) Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter -12'' (12'' Paper Cutter)

TruBind Coil Binding Machine - Manual Round Hole Punch - Adjustable Side Margin - 4 to 1 Pitch - 20 Sheet Punch Capacity

I'm even thinking about doing the literature books (my teacher copies). How fun would that be...
    Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
    DS (MP3A) - 8
    DS (1) - 7
    DD (Adorable distraction) 4

You're a beast! One could dream. There are a few books I wish weren't spirals (copybook for my lefty), but I love them and hope MP does this with ALL of the TM's.
    Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
    Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
    SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

We'll all look back to this post one day and think fondly--ah, that's where Melissa got her start running the homeschool supply chain store. ? Bentley's Binding.
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
      10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
      7th • HLN & Home
      4th • HLN & Home
      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

enbateau I have 3 lefties. I'm going to cut off the spirals on those, then put magic spiral holes back into the top so it's a flip up book instead.
        Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
        DS (MP3A) - 8
        DS (1) - 7

Comment

pickandgrin I just snorted coffee.

But for the low price of X, you could have your books dropped shipped to...
          Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
          DS (MP3A) - 8
          DS (1) - 7

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
            pickandgrin I just snorted coffee.

But for the low price of X, you could have your books dropped shipped to...
            Just set up a little shop right outside the MP warehouse.

Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
            12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
            10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
            7th • HLN & Home
            4th • HLN & Home
            Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
              You have my dream! I have spent so much money at Office Depot over the years having books cut and spiral bound. With M being a lefty, I really want my own stuff to spiral bind at the top. Where did you order your machines/supplies?
              I ordered from Amazon.

TruBind Coil Binding Machine If I had it to do all over again, I would get the one that helps put the spiral "on". It has a small motor that spins the spiral for you and puts it on in a second. Putting a lot of spirals on books manually causes hand cramps - think carpal tunnel like issues. I did a lot of books - a lot - and I had to stop for a week because my hands started cramping badly.
              20mm and 10mm coils - Apparently, the only quantity these come in is a million. One box each is all you will need. Forever.

HFS (R) Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter -12'' (12'' Paper Cutter) This is the one I got, but it looks like there are plenty of quality options out there. Beware of this blade though. After cutting the binding off of one book, the binding glue stuck to the blade. I reached to pull the binding off and the tip of my finger nail grazed the blade ever so slightly, and the blade simply kept the top quarter inch of my finger nail. I barely felt it. I still wouldn't trade it, but I did have a near miss here.

Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
              DS (MP3A) - 8
              DS (1) - 7

Comment

Way to go with the binding! I still don’t think I can justify the cost or the bigger issue of storage even with a lefty now that so many of the teachers guides and workbooks come spiral bound. The third form workbook with no spiral was what pushed me into going to staples for binding. That was a beast. Henle was another good one to bind, but it needed an enormous coil. I should look again at what needs to be done. I am in denial that it is that time of year again. Can’t wait to hear how Bentley’s Binding takes over the market! Just make sure you reach the top with all 10 fingers...I hear they are a nice accessory.
                Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
                DD College Freshman
                DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
                DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
                DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Speaking of people with wildly ambitious projects, has anyone heard from Mary and her flash card laminating lately? I have been thinking about her and wondering if they were doing ok.
                  Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                  15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
                  DD College Freshman
                  DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
                  DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
                  DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

I did hear from her not too long ago - around Sodalitas time, I think. She owns a business now with a friend of hers. It has been a huge, time-consuming project, but apparently is going very well.

AMDG,
                    Sarah
                    2020-2021
                    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                    DS, 17
                    DD, 15
                    DD, 13
                    DD, 11
                    DD, 9
                    DD, 7
                    +DS+
                    DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post

This was strangely therapeutic.

I bought both of these machines last summer after Office Max seriously messed up binding our personalized curriculum manuals the year before. I just finished binding our manuals and all the workbooks for 6 for the second time. I agree that it is "strangely therapeutic." Once you get started it's like you can't stop. I haven't bound teacher manuals, but I really like the idea of marking different sections with tabs. Maybe I am not packing them up tomorrow.
                      Julie S.
                      6th year using MP/ 20th year homeschooling (2021-2022)
                      DD 26- married , DS 24 - working in IT gettin married 10/9, DD 23- married with 3 littles, DS 21- working in church ministries, DD 19 Nazarene Bible College,
                      DD 17 - 12th grade a mix of MP materials
                      DS 16 - 11th grade -MPOA, VB, and a mix of MP materials
                      DD 13 - 8th grade - 8M core with VB,
                      DS 11 - 6th grade (with dyslexia & dysgraphia) -mix of MP + AAS with VB
                      DD 9 - 4th grade -mix of 4A & 4M core with VB

Comment

Working...
                      X