WOW!!! 2020 Sodalitas/Teacher Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!! 2020 Sodalitas/Teacher Training?

Wow! What a great week. In all honesty, I was almost dreading the week..knowing what we were "missing". The Plenary speakers were just amazing and getting to "see" many people and 1400?? people registered. Your reach is far and wide and it is a blessing have found you all! I hope next year is in person, but I look forward to whatever the future holds with Memoria Press! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Christine

(2021/2022)
    DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, MPOA Narrative)
    DS2 9/1/11 - MP4
    DD3 2/9/13 -MP2 or SC4? (still debating!)

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

I was thinking about the numbers too, and how all of this comes from Mrs. Lowe's ideas and efforts. It's quite amazing. Tonight I'm just overflowing with joy and gratitude.
    DS (15)
    DD (14)
    DS (7)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
      Wow! What a great week. In all honesty, I was almost dreading the week..knowing what we were "missing". The Plenary speakers were just amazing and getting to "see" many people and 1400?? people registered. Your reach is far and wide and it is a blessing have found you all! I hope next year is in person, but I look forward to whatever the future holds with Memoria Press! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
      Amen and amen to everything you said, howiecram. Except one tiny nuance. I was dreading *not* being able to go to Louisville this year due to work and family schedules in the months leading up. It would not have been possible for us to attend in person this year. Then, when the conference went virtual, all of a sudden, it became possible for us to "attend". So I am thankful just in a different way.

I totally get what you experienced dreading it in missing all of the in person blessings. Were I in your shoes I would have felt the same. I have a feeling that going virtual opened up the doors for so many to virtually attend who would not have done so in person, myself included this year. Many thankful hearts here as well for all of the blessings. This is a special time we just took part in. And we look forward to what is ahead for Memoria Press too. May God bless!
      2021/2022 (Planned) - 4th MP Year
      MP Dad & HLN Science Teacher/Tutor
      S - 7, 2nd Grader MP @ HLN & Home
      D - 5, Kindergartener MP @ HLN & Home
      S - 3, Junior Kindergartener MP @ Home

Comment

I agree so much - on all points. I was really dreading trying to spend three days isolated in our office from the daily grind at home, but you know what? As everyone assured me, everyone survived, we are putting the pieces that got a bit scattered back in order, and I am relishing the fact that there was so much that mimicked the in-person experience.

And being a mom who has had to rotate on/off years of being able to come because of having babies and moving, I would have loved to have had it available virtually during those times.

There is still so much I want to watch once the videos are posted! yippee!

AMDG,
        Sarah

2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 17
        DD, 15
        DD, 13
        DD, 11
        DD, 9
        DD, 7
        +DS+