Classical Composition with videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classical Composition with videos

It has been several years since I used Classical Composition. The last time I went through it the videos weren't out. This time I bought the videos, but either my copies of the lesson plans are old (quite possibly) or I'm missing something. When do we watch the videos? On the first day of a new lesson or throughout a lesson or is there some other option.

Thanks.

Hello.

You watch the dvds as you go. Each lesson is divided into sections (each on a different track). So watch the dvd and the instructor will tell you to pause and do your written work. Then, the next day, you watch the next track and continue on with the same lesson, again pausing to do your written work. We spread each lesson over approximately 2 weeks, so it is a lot of tracks per lesson.

Tanya

Comment

That's good to know. Do the newer lesson plans, either the digital version or in print, lay out when to use the videos?

Comment

Originally posted by oraetlabora View Post
        That's good to know. Do the newer lesson plans, either the digital version or in print, lay out when to use the videos?
        Not that I have seen. The section assigned in the lesson plan is the same name as the related track on the DVD. So if you’re doing it without the DVD, you would teach the assigned section with the TM, but if you’re using the DVD, you would let the DVD teach the assigned section.
        Jennifer
        Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS17: MP, MPOA, HSC
        DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC
        DS14: MP, MPOA
        DS12: Finishing SC 4 >> Moving on to mix of SC 5/6 & 7/8
        DD10: Finishing 3A >> Moving on to miix of 5M and SC7/8
        DD8: SC3
        DD6: MPK

Comment

The dvds aren't scheduled separately in the lesson plans. It is laid out exactly as Jennifer says.

Tanya

Comment

I've been watching the videos so that I can plan our year. In the outline section, the teacher makes it clear that there is a prenumbered outline in the workbook, which is how I remember the workbook looking when I did Classical Composition with my girls years ago. But the current student workbook has a blank, lined section for the outline with no helpful pre-marked outline format. Is there a reason for this change?

Comment

I am happy for the change...When I did it with my oldest, we would sometimes end up with a different outline and want to outline the passage our way...The new format allows the student to come up with his/her own outline, and not struggle to figure out the exact outline from the teacher's manual...You can have only 3 roman numerals instead of 4 if that is the way you want to arrange it...
              Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
              DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
              DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
              DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

Comment

Working...
              X