Flash card organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash card organization

I have the 3rd and 4th grade curriculum kits. Feels like we're drowning in flash cards. Any tips for organization? I'm not happy with them in ziploc bags at the moment. I thought about pencil boxes but feel there has to be a better solution that's a closer fit!
    Wife, mom, teacher who loves all things organizing and hospitality.

DS (age 10): MP 5
    DD (age 8): MP 4
    DD (age 7): MP 2
    DD (age 6): MP 1
    DS (age 4): MP K
    DS (age 2): Potty training

I use BCW cardboard boxes that I purchased from Amazon. Most flashcards fit the 200 size pretty well but I also bought the 400 size for some of the larger sets. I then cut up a pool noodle to fill in empty space so the cards don't fall over and added some tabs similar to AAR to keep cards separate for review, mastery and future use. I didn't have the patience to laminate or hole punch!

Comment

At the end of last school year, I wanted to burn all my flash cards --- because 5 children in MP over 9 years equaled SO MANY FLASHCARDS.

I looked at the photo and craft keeper boxes from Michaels, and this is how we're organizing them when we're not using them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	organizing-the-memoria-press-flashcards.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	122768

I use my label maker to mark the boxes, so that I can find them quickly. I'm still working on getting them all organized, but I'm nearly there. I have a box for 'current year' and then I have a box for years coming up. (that will soon grow to two boxes).

Link to Photo Keeper at Michaels ----- be sure to buy this on sale. Full price is ridiculous.

For the bigger flashcards like States and Capitals, I use a photo keeper in a bigger size.

Link for 5x7 photo keeper at Michaels

When the flash cards are in use, we have a different system. I hole punch them and put them on a binder ring. Then I hang them on magnetic metal hooks from my teacher cart. (also found at Michaels.)
      Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
      DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
      DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
      DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Working...
      X