Geography I reproducible maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geography I reproducible maps

We just finished up our current school year and I have already started getting ready for the next. All the shiny new books are too appealing! While I was prepping for Geography I I wanted to print out an extra map for each section so that my student can label it multiple times. I love that MP provides PDFs of the test and quizzes but I could not find one that includes the reproducible maps found in the back of the book. Would you just use the test for that review or would you scan and print those maps in the back?

Also I was listening to a past Sodalitas talk about geography and I think DiannaKennedy mentioned a great map she used with this course, anyone have a link for that? Thanks
    N - 3rd grade at HLN
    G - 1st grade at home
    A - 1st grade at home

Originally posted by Themrshunt View Post
    We just finished up our current school year and I have already started getting ready for the next. All the shiny new books are too appealing! While I was prepping for Geography I I wanted to print out an extra map for each section so that my student can label it multiple times. I love that MP provides PDFs of the test and quizzes but I could not find one that includes the reproducible maps found in the back of the book. Would you just use the test for that review or would you scan and print those maps in the back?

Also I was listening to a past Sodalitas talk about geography and I think DiannaKennedy mentioned a great map she used with this course, anyone have a link for that? Thanks
    I'm the world's biggest geography flunkie.

When I've prepped to teach Geography in the past, I've just printed the PDF for practice. I have the maps program from Bright Ideas Press --- but honestly, I've never used it. I know I sat in on a Geography session in Sodalitas, and I know I talked to Tanya and Dayna about a book we have at home called Maps, a coffee table style book. With each country, they have famous landmarks, native animals, food, points of interest, etc. You can find it on Amazon here. It's also on Better World Books. The maps are spread across two pages, with LOADS of things to explore. Click image for larger version

Name:	teaching-geography-with-picture-books.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	122166.
    Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Out of the nest, small business owner
    DD2 - 14 - 9th grade Cottage School Diploma Program/MPOA
    DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School
    DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School
    DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School
    DS6 - 6 - MP K

Comment

I just printed the tests for review. The second post on the Hacks thread is a Geo hack you might want to consider.
      ~ Carrie
      Catholic mom to four - ages 10, 8, 6, and 4
      7th year homeschooling, 2nd year MP!
      2019-2020: 5M (LC year 2), 3M (LC year 2), and K enrichment!

Comment

Here's the link
        https://forum.memoriapress.com/forum...-helpful-hacks
        ~ Carrie
        Catholic mom to four - ages 10, 8, 6, and 4
        7th year homeschooling, 2nd year MP!
        2019-2020: 5M (LC year 2), 3M (LC year 2), and K enrichment!

Comment

Hello.

The blank maps that are in the Appendix of Geography I should be a download. I've asked our Online Content Manager to get them added, so you should be able to access them in a couple of days.

Sorry about that!

Tanya

Comment

Thank you all! I have my fingers crossed I do a better job with Geography I than I did with States and Caps so I will use all the advice I can get.
            N - 3rd grade at HLN
            G - 1st grade at home
            A - 1st grade at home

Comment

I don't know if you saw it, but MP has these tear-off blank US maps. It looked new to me! Had we not bought the laminated one, I would have put it in my cart in a second.

Practice Map Pad

I like their thinking!

I've been taking my eldest through the states mentally in some of our evening tuck-ins now that we've broke for summer. I start with our home state and just have her list states above or below like on road trips, then we move around the map mentally. We're also doing Geo I in the fall. I really hope that if we do a written map every other week that we can keep the spelling fresh.

FWIW, I laminated blank quiz maps (for other subjects like GM, CSI) and had my child use a vis-a-vis marker to write in the locations daily until she "got it." We may do this for Geo this summer. You can actually laminate sheets with an iron and an old pillowcase. One day I'll get the $20 machine....
              Mama to 2, Married 18 years

Summer:
              DS 6-MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
              Fall 2020
              DD9-4A

Comment

Thank you Enbateau, I never saw the U.S. Practice Pad , I just purchased it after seeing your post! Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions !

Comment

Working...
                X