Algebra 1 Final Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algebra 1 Final Review

We are so close to finishing Algebra 1! I was looking at the last week and it says to do Final Exam Review for 2 days. Is there an actual review that I’m not finding? Or would the cumulative review be sufficient?

Also why is chapter 12 scheduled after chapter 13? Just curious.
    Joyfully, Courtney
    DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

I’m pretty sure there is a cumulative review at the end of the last chapter.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 21, chemistry major
    DS, 18, Physics major
    DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
    DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

I was told chapter 13 is first because it is more important and sometimes people run out of time and since chapter 12 is also in algebra 2, it’s better to skip 12 than 13.
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 21, chemistry major
      DS, 18, Physics major
      DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
      DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
      DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

In the lesson plans, in the FAQ of the Teaching Guidelines, Bullet 9 says: Why does Chapter 13 come before Chapter 12? At the end of the year, students and families are often
        busy and sometimes distracted. The material in Chapter 13 (quadratic formula) is too important to skim
        over. So we moved it earlier to be sure it received the attention it deserves.

And it looks like in the lesson plans, on the last page, there is a "Supplemental Work" page that references a cumulative review of chs. 1-13 on p. 612. That would be a good way to prepare for the final.

Tanya

Comment

Tanya, I laughed when I read your reply, I am fully distracted! Which is why I didn’t recall reading about chapter 12 at the beginning of the year. Though we are going to complete Chapter 12, we have only two lessons left! Hooray!
          Joyfully, Courtney
          DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Working...
          X