Is Sodalitas still on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sodalitas still on?

Have there been changes for the summer conference?

Originally posted by Amanda U View Post
    Have there been changes for the summer conference?
    Yes, we will be having Sodalitas this year. It will be live and online! You can find out more information here: https://www.memoriapress.com/online-conference/

Comment

Just registered!

It would be amazing if this year the main speakers had mics hooked into the video feed. In many prior videos of Sodalitas, the background noise of the ambient air, echo and participant noises made listening difficult.
      Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
      Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
      SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

We do get better each year with recording. This is the first year we have had to have so many recordings at one time, so we will do the best we can do. There will be technology in every room, all needing to be on at the same time, so wish us luck!

Tanya

Comment

Well this year there won’t be so many people in the room rustling around so that should help.
          Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
          15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
          DD College Freshman
          DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
          DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
          DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

That is true, Dorinda!

Comment

tanya , Will these recordings be available for future viewing? There are a couple of sessions that I can't decide between and I would love the chance to watch both, even if I could only actively participate in one of them. Thanks!
              ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
              DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
              DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
              DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

I can't tell you how happy I am that I get to be a part of the Sodalitas this year - virtually. I can't see where I would get to go physically but this is an incredible opportunity for myself and others who can't get there. I kind of hope this virtual access continues in future years because I do have a real need here and this COVID19 has just created an opportunity that I wouldn't have had.

The extra burden on you guys at MP have taken on here has real value and your efforts are greatly appreciated.
                Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
                DS (MP3A) - 8
                DS (1) - 7
                DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Melissa,

I'm glad you posted this morning because I had totally lost track of needing to answer Michelle's post! So, to answer Michelle, the sessions will be recorded and available to registrants of Sodalitas when the conference is over. I am hoping this goes smoothly and we get good recordings, but this is a first for us, so keep your fingers crossed!

And Melissa, I am so glad you are able to join us! I feel a little guilty that the threat of Covid has also brought some blessings to me: a slowed down life, more time with my family because of no business travel, and more time just being home. I feel like I've had some time for contemplation, and I am hoping I can come out of this with some permanent changes in my life. But I'm afraid I will jump right back on that carousel once everything opens back up. I'm not happy that we are doing a virtual conference because I love everyone coming to see us - the fellowship, the memories. But if I'm honest, the thought that I don't have to get classrooms ready, raise kindergarten desks to adult height (and then lower them again!), move desks from cottage to cottage, and the hundreds of other tasks that dominate the weeks before the conference is rather nice. So I have mixed feelings about Covid. I guess we just have to grab the blessings in the midst of bad things, and one of the blessings is that so many people who wouldn't have traveled to Louisville can now join with us as we gather!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                    Melissa,

...raise kindergarten desks to adult height (and then lower them again!), move desks from cottage to cottage, and the hundreds of other tasks that dominate the weeks before the conference is rather nice.

Tanya
                    That would be overwhelming.

Adjusting those desks with the allen wrenches alone....I dread doing it yearly and I only have 4 to deal with and it's only one time. God bless you guys.
                    Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
                    DS (MP3A) - 8
                    DS (1) - 7
                    DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Working...
                    X