No announcement yet.

Adult First Form Latin Summer Cram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am seriously considering taking the First Form class. I am wondering how much homework there will be outside of the workbook and if there will be quizzes. I really want to learn, but am concerned about being stressed. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

If there are videos, then are we committed to completing this in the time frame of the class? In other words, could we watch the replay as many times as we want - forever? Like the downloads that never expire? I'm just worried this won't be here next summer. I can't envision a future where I am able to attend the annual conference.
      Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
      DS (MP3A) - 8
      DS (1) - 7
      DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
        If there are videos, then are we committed to completing this in the time frame of the class? In other words, could we watch the replay as many times as we want - forever? Like the downloads that never expire? I'm just worried this won't be here next summer. I can't envision a future where I am able to attend the annual conference.
        I think you only have access to the class, during the class time. (I mean, the class is scheduled June something or other to August something or other....). I don't believe you have access to the class or videos once the class is over. So, you might have freedom during the scheduled class to say, watch a video at 5am on Monday, instead of at the scheduled class time, but in September, you wouldn't' be able access the class. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!
        Christine

(2022/2023)
        DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
        DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by youngspillers View Post
          I am seriously considering taking the First Form class. I am wondering how much homework there will be outside of the workbook and if there will be quizzes. I really want to learn, but am concerned about being stressed. Any insight would be appreciated.
          The workbook will be assigned and there will be quizzes to take but we aren't giving you college credit (and you don't need high school credit!) so how much you do is up to you. ?

Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
            Once you sign up for the course, you will have access to that course page and the recordings until Jesus comes again (or our server dies, whichever comes first ?). The quizzes though will close this summer as we have to have a specific time frame for those.

Peace,
            Paul
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Academy Director

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post

The workbook will be assigned and there will be quizzes to take but we aren't giving you college credit (and you don't need high school credit!) so how much you do is up to you. ?
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post

Once you sign up for the course, you will have access to that course page and the recordings until Jesus comes again (or our server dies, whichever comes first ?). The quizzes though will close this summer as we have to have a specific time frame for those.

Peace,
                Paul
                Oh wait..that's amazing! We'll be able to watch them, after the course is over? Is this the case for all MPOA classes?
                Christine

(2022/2023)
                DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

Oh wait..that's amazing! We'll be able to watch them, after the course is over? Is this the case for all MPOA classes?
                  Following this answer!
                  Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
                  DS (MP3A) - 8
                  DS (1) - 7
                  DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

Yes, all courses are that way except our free courses. It normally doesn't make that much of a difference because students normally get dinged on participation if they don't show up to class ?

Peace,
                    Paul
                    Paul Schaeffer
                    --
                    Academy Director

Comment

I found, as a parent with absolutely no Latin background, that I could pretty well get through FFL and SFL. There weren't a lot of exceptions to things, and I was fairly comfortable.

Then TFL happened.

Have there been any discussions for doing classes for all the Forms? Because I would drive up there with homemade cookies every week for all of you if that's what It took.
                      Tracy
                      My boys: JR, Riley, and Jack
                      MP 8A, 7A, and MP2

Comment

Working...
                      X