No announcement yet.

Next Video Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enigma - we know it was all just a ploy to remain mysterious! HA!

Thanks to everyone who joined in...we got to a few really good questions, but the time always seems to evaporate!

I *think* everyone who has specifically asked for some help has been able to jump in, but I also know that for several of us "regulars," sitting around and chatting about MP NEVER gets old.

So, give me a shout out if anyone would like to meet up again next week. It's really been something to look forward to - despite the fact that each week I am learning more and more of the technical side of things.

Melisa Burke - Sorry for the snafu there!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

Melisa Burke - Sorry for the snafu there!

AMDG,
      Sarah[/QUOTE]

No worries. I am glad the rest of you were able to “gather.”
      Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
      ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

I hope this can become a more regular thing and I can join in next time! I really need the encouragement. I don't really have many homeschool mom friends and NONE of them use MP!

Comment

I would love to join when possible! I don't know anyone who really uses MP and could always use other homemoms' suggestions. Late afternoon and evening works best for me.

Comment

All righty...will do!

Does Thursday evening work for you guys? That’s been a good time thus far, but we can adjust, too.

AMDG,
            Sarah
            2020-2021
            DS, 17
            DD, 15
            DD, 13
            DD, 11
            DD, 9
            DD, 7
            +DS+
            DS, 2

Comment

KF2000 Hi, yes I think that should work for me. What program do you use? I need to try to figure it out before the meeting as I'm so un-techy.

Comment

I would love to join in. I can make any day and time work. Particularly I would like to discuss choosing MP in todays very child led homeschooling world. Many many new (and some revamped) curriculum are structured with teaching multiple ages at once, much easier academics, gorgeous artwork, more project based learning, etc. I understand why MP does what it does—but I also keep thinking that if my kids hate school, what is the point? Maybe that’s a bit deep
                and I think I will start a thread tomorrow—but regardless I could use some community right about now!
                Emily…a hunter who prefers coffee to chocolate and dreams of the mountains

Beech Tree Boarding School, 2021-2022
                DD (age 10): MP 5
                DD (age 8): MP 2
                DS (age 5): MP K
                "Maybe stalking the woods is as vital to the human condition as making music or putting words to paper. Maybe hunting has as much of a claim on our civilized selves as anything else.” Steven Rinella

Comment

Fireweed Prep I agree that it's hard choosing "tough" curriculum when surrounded by fancy methods. Although I'll admit it was one of the reasons I like MP - some things I looked at just looked too busy with tons of pictures, activities, etc. We have found difficulty even finding a co-op for the reasons you mention (and I don't want to take a whole day a week from our lesson plans for softer goals. It's hard to swim upstream!

I would love more suggestions on motivating my son to do his memory work faster (he knows much of it but likes looking at his thumbs), summer school/year round schooling, and reviews.

Comment

I am excited for the interest in another chat!

If you have participated in a chat already, I have your contact information; but please send me a PM to confirm you are interested in being in a call again.

If you have not participated yet, please send me a private message with your contact information for Skype. This has been an easy and free platform for us to use. If you do not have it already, you need to download the app to your computer and set up a login. Whatever you choose as that login is what I need to have in order to call you.

The next chat will be:
                    Thursday, May 7, from 6:30 to 8:00 pm CST.

I schedule the call ahead of time and then send out an invite through Skype. You should receive the invite as a message within Skype that you have been invited to the call. You do have an option of accepting the invite; please do that so I know you received it. If you do not receive this message, please PM so that we can troubleshoot before the actual time of the call.

AMDG,
                    Sarah
                    Last edited by KF2000; 05-05-2020, 08:10 AM.
                    2020-2021
                    DS, 17
                    DD, 15
                    DD, 13
                    DD, 11
                    DD, 9
                    DD, 7
                    +DS+
                    DS, 2

Comment

Is there another meeting this week? I'd love to join!

Comment

Oops, never mind-I see that there is one on May 7. You have my info, Sarah. Can I join?

Comment

Meadowlark Sure thing! Am getting it set up right now...so you should see an invite soon.

AMDG,
                          Sarah
                          2020-2021
                          DS, 17
                          DD, 15
                          DD, 13
                          DD, 11
                          DD, 9
                          DD, 7
                          +DS+
                          DS, 2

Comment

I am not going to join this week. I have a question. This was the first time I'd used skype in over 5 years. I logged in fine. When I went to use it again to call a cousin it wanted me to set up a microsoft account to log in. Is this typical? Thanks.
                            Christina

Comment

Gosh, I have no idea! This has been my first foray into anything of this sort - so I am definitely learning as I go. Maybe someone else has an answer?

AMDG,
                              Sarah
                              2020-2021
                              DS, 17
                              DD, 15
                              DD, 13
                              DD, 11
                              DD, 9
                              DD, 7
                              +DS+
                              DS, 2

Comment

I don't know much about Skype. But when I log in, Skype uses my Microsoft account. I don't know if there is another way to access Skype or not.
                                Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
                                ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Working...
                                X