Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Video Chat

Greetings!

As requested, I am looking to set up the next video chat with anyone who would like to join. We will shoot for sometime next week.

happyhappyjoyjoy
    ShaunaN

Let me know a day and time that works for you guys, as well as anyone else who still has questions they would like to discuss. I think it would also be an awesome idea to share some of the topics you guys might want to discuss specifically.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

I would love to chat about curriculum choices for my kiddos next year.

Comment

I can typically make anytime of the day or evening work.

Comment

I can make another one if you need another person.
        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
        15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
        DD College Freshman
        DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
        DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
        DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

I'm up for anytime! Truly! I need to get cracking on ordering some things and could really use some guidance!! Mom2mthj

Comment

Depending on when it is, I might join in too. Always fun to talk MP :-)

Comment

I might join again as well, if I can.
              Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
              ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Well, we have been using Thursday evenings for the last couple of weeks, which has worked out really well for my household. So we could go ahead and plan for one for tomorrow, and then if anyone can't make that, we can just keep rolling along for something that does work. Sound good?

So...Next Chat:

4/30/20
                6:30 - 8:00 pm CST

I have the ability to join in on Zoom, and could lead one (I think) but it would be limited to 40 minutes...which is fine, if we want to jump out and then jump back in for a second one.

Otherwise, we have been using Skype, and that has worked out well. So let me know for sure which you would prefer to use, and send me PM with your email or Skype info so that I can add you to the call.

AMDG,
                Sarah

P.S.
                happyhappyjoyjoy - I know you said next week would be better than this week...so we can still do that, too.
                2020-2021
                DS, 17
                DD, 15
                DD, 13
                DD, 11
                DD, 9
                DD, 7
                +DS+
                DS, 2

Comment

I’d like to join, I’d like to talk about combining Christian Studies for K-6th kids

Comment

I would love to chat again! Wednesday evenings don't work for me, and my husband often has Monday evening meetings as well. Otherwise, I hope to make it work!

(Started a reply to this yesterday & didn't finish before multiple dr. appts, which totally wiped me out for the rest of the day! Yes, I will try to be there tomorrow, Thursday, 4/30.)

Here are some topics I've been mulling over:
                    • What are your summer plans? Does anyone follow the recommendations from HLS for summer work? How are you handling this summer with the likelihood that camps, pools, church activities, etc., will be canceled/closed? My kids haven't been too affected by the shutdown during the school year, but summer will be another story!
                    • I anticipate that my current first-grader will do the accelerated track beginning in third grade. Should we do anything to beef up second grade to prepare for that? She is finishing her first-grade work each day within an hour and I actually need her to do more school so that she's not wandering aimlessly around while I work with my other students. What could I add to second grade next year?
                    • Can we talk about scripture and poetry memory work? My fifth-grader struggles to keep up with the pace & length of these.
                    Thanks,
                    Shauna
                    DS, 11 (MP 7M)
                    DD, 8 (MP 3M)
                    DD, 5 (MP K)
                    DS, almost 1! (chewing on books and knocking stuff over)

Comment

KF2000 I can do tomorrow at that time, because my other event is at 5:00, which just triggered my brain to realize I need to move a music lesson. Zoom is good for me. I can do skype, but I need to download it. I don't have it at the moment. Do you need my info? Topics.....I think I'll just be happy to get on with MP people
                      Christina

Comment

This has been a great response! I am keeping a list of everyone thus far, and have reached out to you through PM for your info. I will be putting together a meeting reminder tonight, and an email to make sure I have not forgotten anyone.

There’s still time to be added if you realize you can make it! And just in case you can’t, there’s at least one person for whom tomorrow didn’t work. So look ahead to next week

AMDG,
                        Sarah
                        2020-2021
                        DS, 17
                        DD, 15
                        DD, 13
                        DD, 11
                        DD, 9
                        DD, 7
                        +DS+
                        DS, 2

Comment

I can't make tomorrow night after all. With a heavy heart, I ask for your prayers for a beautiful, homeschooled 17 year old girl (a dear friend of mine's daughter) who just passed away from brain cancer. I have the privilege of singing at her funeral and tomorrow night is the practice. Thank you.

Comment

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that - you have been saying you had some things to keep up with with that. Will keep you and your friends in prayer, indeed. And will look forward to another time!

AMDG,
                            Sarah
                            2020-2021
                            DS, 17
                            DD, 15
                            DD, 13
                            DD, 11
                            DD, 9
                            DD, 7
                            +DS+
                            DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
                              This has been a great response! I am keeping a list of everyone thus far, and have reached out to you through PM for your info. I will be putting together a meeting reminder tonight, and an email to make sure I have not forgotten anyone.

There’s still time to be added if you realize you can make it! And just in case you can’t, there’s at least one person for whom tomorrow didn’t work. So look ahead to next week

AMDG,
                              Sarah
                              Tomorrow should work for me. Skype seemed to work well.
                              Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                              15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
                              DD College Freshman
                              DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
                              DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
                              DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Working...
                              X