Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone thought of a virtual meet up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarah,
    Count me in. Evening works best for me as my husband works until 5:00. I am CST. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Sounds like fun!
      Dorinda

For 2019-2020
      DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
      DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
      DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
      DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

I would like to join you too this week. Afternoons and evenings work for me. Thanks

Comment

How about Wednesday evening at 6:30pm CST?

I do not have a Zoom account that would allow us to visit for over 40 minutes, so I would like to use either Google Hangouts or Skype.

If you are interested, please PM me with your email address, and your preference between weather of those platforms.

Looking forward to it!

AMDG,
          Sarah
          2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
          DD, 19, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
          DS, 16
          DD, 14
          DD, 12
          DD, 10
          DD, 8
          DD, 6
          +DS+
          DS, 2

Comment

Please ignore the word “weather” in the post above. I typed “either” but my phone must have thought I meant something else! Sorry for not catching it before I hit “post.”

AMDG,
            Sarah
            DS, 16
            DD, 14
            DD, 12
            DD, 10
            DD, 8
            DD, 6
            +DS+
            DS, 2

Comment

Bumping this up as a reminder for anyone interested.

We will be meeting up tonight at 6:30 CST to chat about anything MP-related.

If you have not PM'd me already, send me your name and email address and I will add you to the invite list.

Thanks!
              AMDG,
              Sarah
              DS, 16
              DD, 14
              DD, 12
              DD, 10
              DD, 8
              DD, 6
              +DS+
              DS, 2

Comment

How fun, Sarah! Y'all enjoy. 💜
                Festina lentē,
                Jessica P

2020-2021
                11th year HSing · 9th year MP
                @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
                11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

I am wrapping up for the evening now, but as our session went on this evening we had another mom who wanted to join in too...so since there are still a couple of folks who have wanted to but have not been able to join, let's just keep this rolling into next week too.

Wednesday was bad for one mom this week, and there's no virtual conference next week...so I will throw out there to try for Thursday of next week.

Next virtual meet-up: Thursday, April 23, at 6:30pm CST.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your first name and your email address. I will add that to a group chat and give you a ring. We used Skype tonight, and it worked beautifully, so simply make sure to have that app downloaded to your computer. It is free to use, we can have as many folks as want to join, and there's no time limit...though 8pm seemed to be a good endpoint.

Thanks so much to Amy, Melisa, Janice, and Dorinda! It was great to see you guys!

AMDG,
                  Sarah
                  DS, 16
                  DD, 14
                  DD, 12
                  DD, 10
                  DD, 8
                  DD, 6
                  +DS+
                  DS, 2

Comment

I missed the second one!!! Ahh! That's what I get for not checking the forum.🙄 I was burried under masks and laundry.

I feel bad since I felt like I hogged the first one talking about all my woes. 😂

Hope y'all had fun. If there's ever another count me in. I SO needed that chat last month.
                    ~Catherine~

DD 9yr (3rd)
                    DS 8yr (2nd/3rd)
                    DS 6yr (1st)
                    DS 4yr
                    DD 2yr

Comment

Hi there folks!

We have had several really good visits during this time of sheltering at home, and it has been wonderful to be able to include many new faces each time.

One hiccup has seemed to be that each time, at least one person had some sort of technical difficulty. We have not been able to tell if that was because of using Skype or not, but I have been wanting to come up with a different option to try to help it be more successful for each and every person who tries to join in for the chat.

Thankfully, one Forum member who has a Zoom account that could accommodate as many folks as want to show up has offered to become the host for us. We are therefore considering setting up a regular event once a month to hang out and chat about all things MP. We are thinking of setting one up for June to start with, taking a break for July so we can all participate in Sodalitas, and then returning again in early August. Stand by for dates and times to be announced soon!

AMDG,
                      Sarah
                      DS, 16
                      DD, 14
                      DD, 12
                      DD, 10
                      DD, 8
                      DD, 6
                      +DS+
                      DS, 2