Any planned changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any planned changes

I was planning on ordering my kids curriculum for next year but I was wondering if there were any changes planned for grades next year? Particularly JR K, 2,3 and 6th?

Bumping this up for tanya or Michelle T to take a look.
    Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
    DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
    DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Mamafin08 View Post
      I was planning on ordering my kids curriculum for next year but I was wondering if there were any changes planned for grades next year? Particularly JR K, 2,3 and 6th?
      I apologize for the delayed response. Tanya was out of town, and then she had a wisdom tooth pulled. She is still recovering a bit, so I am hopping on here to answer your question.

Any curriculum changes for the year would have been made in our Winter catalog (the first one of the year). We are not anticipating any changes to the curriculum packages you mentioned at this time.

Comment

Dianna,

The primary level change you will see reflected in the Winter Catalog, as Allie pointed out, is the addition of Core Skills Language Arts to 2nd grade. Our teachers liked the little bit of reinforcement it gave to learning the parts of speech taught in Prima.

Comment

My second grade manual doesn’t have Core Skill Phonics in it. Does the new manual?

Comment

We took Core Skills PHONICS out of 2nd grade a while back when Traditional Spelling II came out. Core Skills LANGUAGE ARTS was added this year to the 2nd grade Curriculum Manual in the Latin section. Should you order a new manual that doesn't yet reflect that addition, we are happy to send you a free download of those plans simply contact the office.

Comment

I'm a little confused. Core Skills is replacing or is in addition to the Grammar Practice workbook? I have a while (obviously), but I like to keep up.
              The Homeschool Grads:
              J- 6/96
              S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
              G- 4/04
              D- 5/05
              F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
              M- 9/16

Comment

Core Skills Language Arts is in addition to the new English Grammar program. The later is only a few quick answer questions that our teachers use as a written warm-up activity used in the morning while students unpack and get ready for the day. The skills are great practice. The Core Skills pages are aligned with learning the parts of speech in Prima and provide a little more practice identifying those in English.

Comment

Perfect!!! I think that’s a great addition!

Comment

Working...
                  X