Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sodalitas 2020: Rides, room shares, and questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sodalitas 2020: Rides, room shares, and questions

    Every year we have folks attending Sodalitas who work out arrangements with each other to split costs and share other helpful information. Here is a thread where you can connect with each other. Looking forward to another great conference!

    AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 8
    DD, 6
    +DS+
    DS, 2

    #2
    Adding to this: transportation is a big hurdle for many moms. If you're already planning to drive, but are willing to ride-share, please let others know the general direction you'll be coming from so they can see their possibilities!

    I might already have someone coming with me, but if that falls through, I can share with someone coming from Chicago, Northern/Central Indiana, or Central/Southwestern Michigan.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

    DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC, Breaking the Barrier French
    DS15: MP, MPOA, HSC
    DS12: Mash-up of 6/7M
    DS11: SC 4
    DD9: 3A with First Form Latin (long story!)
    DD8: Mash-up of SC 1/2
    DD5: January birthday, using SC B and C as a two-year JrK

    Comment


      #3
      I will be coming from Northeastern Ohio. I am traveling on Sunday and staying in Louisville until Thursday morning. I would be happy to pick someone up along the way. Also, I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites and would be interested in splitting the room costs, if someone might be looking for a roommate. I already have reservations for Sunday night through Tuesday night. I will be spending Wednesday evening with a friend in Frankfort.
      Melisa

      Homeschooling mom for 10 years

      dd - 9th grade using MP and Homeschool Connections
      ds - 7th grade using MP

      Comment


        #4
        I will be flying in on Sunday and leaving Thursday. I’d love to meet someone at the airport and share a rental car and hotel room.
        Catherine

        2020-21
        DS17
        DS15
        DS13
        DD13
        DS8
        DD5
        DS 2.5

        Homeschooling 4 with MP
        2 in classical school

        Comment


          #5
          This is going to be my first year going to Sodalitas Conference. I was hoping to reduce the cost of going by maybe sharing a hotel with someone or an Airbnb with a couple ladies. I will be there Sunday evening through Thursday morning. Please let me know if you would be interested in sharing.
          2nd year homeschooling, 2nd year with MP

          DD 10, 4th/5th mixed subjects
          DS 3
          DD 15 mos

          Comment


            #6
            Rachael,

            I would be happy to share my room at Holiday Inn with you. I only have a room for Sunday thru Wednesday as I am leaving after the conference on Wednesday. Feel free to private message me, if you are interested.

            Melisa

            Homeschooling mom for 10 years

            dd - 9th grade using MP and Homeschool Connections
            ds - 7th grade using MP

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Melisa Burke View Post
              Rachael,

              I would be happy to share my room at Holiday Inn with you. I only have a room for Sunday thru Wednesday as I am leaving after the conference on Wednesday. Feel free to private message me, if you are interested.
              Melisa Burke Melisa, did you find a roommate?
              Tahara

              Homeschooling two boys
              DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
              DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
              DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post

                Melisa Burke Melisa, did you find a roommate?
                I did not and would love to share with you, if you are interested.
                Melisa

                Homeschooling mom for 10 years

                dd - 9th grade using MP and Homeschool Connections
                ds - 7th grade using MP

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post

                  Melisa Burke Melisa, did you find a roommate?
                  Are you coming, Tahara?! I hope so!
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

                  2020-2021
                  11th year HSing · 9th year MP
                  @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
                  11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

                  Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post

                    Are you coming, Tahara?! I hope so!
                    I am working on it...I would have to come alone since my boys have a baseball tournament the weekend before, and I would need to leave here at least on Sunday morning...It is an eleven hour drive for me, but I am planning to come :-)...I did not register yet though...
                    Tahara

                    Homeschooling two boys
                    DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
                    DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
                    DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Melisa Burke View Post

                      I did not and would love to share with you, if you are interested.
                      I am interested :-)...Having a roommate would assure my attendance since I wouldn't be able to bail out on my share of the cost ;-)...Sunday to Wednesday would be perfect...
                      Tahara

                      Homeschooling two boys
                      DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
                      DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
                      DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post

                        I am interested :-)...Having a roommate would assure my attendance since I wouldn't be able to bail out on my share of the cost ;-)...Sunday to Wednesday would be perfect...
                        Wonderful! I won’t make any arrangements to share with anyone else unless you decide not to
                        attend. I do hope you can come. I would love to share a room with you so we can get better acquainted. Let’s private message with details as the date gets closer. Just to be clear, I do not have a room for Wednesday night since I am leaving on Wednesday afternoon. I realized that by stating Sunday thru Wednesday, you might assume I was staying in the hotel Wednesday night.
                        Melisa

                        Homeschooling mom for 10 years

                        dd - 9th grade using MP and Homeschool Connections
                        ds - 7th grade using MP

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I know this has been asked on and off, but can someone with experience please, please, please explain the food situation to me? I have an autoimmune disease and follow a very restricted diet. I certainly don't expect there to be *meals* I can eat, but a salad bar I can bring my own meat and dressing for, coffee in the mornings I can bring my own coconut milk for, etc. Also, is there a health food type store nearby where I can shop on Sunday? Doesn't need to be as large or varied as Whole Foods. Now that DH is home I am going to firm up whether I am coming or not! But I need to know about the food as that consumes (haha) a large part of my life and time and thought processes!
                          Ora et Labora!
                          Emily

                          Beech Tree Boarding School, 2020-2021
                          DD (age 9): 4NU
                          DD (age 7): MP 1
                          DS (age 4): MP Jr. K
                          "I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time, I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." Wendell Berry

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Fireweed Prep View Post
                            I know this has been asked on and off, but can someone with experience please, please, please explain the food situation to me? I have an autoimmune disease and follow a very restricted diet. I certainly don't expect there to be *meals* I can eat, but a salad bar I can bring my own meat and dressing for, coffee in the mornings I can bring my own coconut milk for, etc. Also, is there a health food type store nearby where I can shop on Sunday? Doesn't need to be as large or varied as Whole Foods. Now that DH is home I am going to firm up whether I am coming or not! But I need to know about the food as that consumes (haha) a large part of my life and time and thought processes!
                            Yes to salad bar, yes to coffee all day, and yes to Whole Foods 10 minutes from the school. HTH!

                            ​​​
                            Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

                            "Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Melisa Burke View Post

                              Wonderful! I won’t make any arrangements to share with anyone else unless you decide not to
                              attend. I do hope you can come. I would love to share a room with you so we can get better acquainted. Let’s private message with details as the date gets closer. Just to be clear, I do not have a room for Wednesday night since I am leaving on Wednesday afternoon. I realized that by stating Sunday thru Wednesday, you might assume I was staying in the hotel Wednesday night.
                              No worries, you were clear...I thought you meant staying in the room from Sunday night to Tuesday night, and leaving on Wednesday, thus not needing a room on Wednesday night...If I choose to stay for Thursday and Friday, I can work that out...Right now my plan is to leave at some point on Wednesday...Thank you...I am planning to register in a couple of days after I have a chance to talk it over with my husband again...He wants me to go, so that is not an issue...
                              Tahara

                              Homeschooling two boys
                              DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
                              DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
                              DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X