Vita Beata 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia View Post
    Will the 9th Grade literature discussions also cover the book of the middle ages? (It's not pictured, so I want to double check)
    No, it does not. I have been moderating this class this year, and we have plenty to fill our 45 minutes discussing the literature and poetry!
    Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
    DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
    DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

So are these classes all full with current families or with new families? I am glad I registered yesterday since even as a returning family we apparently would have been too late for everything if I had waited a day. I was going to sign my sixth grader up for FMMA and maybe the sixth grade literature, but I needed to talk to him first. Is there a wait list or do I just submit a form and wait to see?
      Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
      15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Freshman
      DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
      DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
      DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
        So are these classes all full with current families or with new families? I am glad I registered yesterday since even as a returning family we apparently would have been too late for everything if I had waited a day. I was going to sign my sixth grader up for FMMA and maybe the sixth grade literature, but I needed to talk to him first. Is there a wait list or do I just submit a form and wait to see?
        Current families go to the top of the list. FMMA and 6th grade Lit are full with returning families. If you register, yours would go to first on the waitlist ahead of the new families that have registered. If someone steps up to moderate another section of these classes, there would be enough for a second class of each.
        DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

Are these video meetings?
          Heather

DD 9, MP 4A
          DD 6, MP 2
          DS 4 & DS 4--going to Pre-K three mornings/week
          DS 1

Comment

Originally posted by GrammarGirl View Post
            Are these video meetings?
            Yes, Online video discussion groups!

Comment

Originally posted by klwalukas View Post

Yes, Online video discussion groups!
              Thanks for the quick reply! I signed my DD up for 8th Lit. and Iliad/Odyssey. This is just up her alley and such a great opportunity. Thanks to all who put this together. ?
              Heather

DD 9, MP 4A
              DD 6, MP 2
              DS 4 & DS 4--going to Pre-K three mornings/week
              DS 1

Comment

Will the 9th Grade literature discussions also cover the book of the middle ages? (It's not pictured, so I want to double check)
                My son is in this group this year. I have him read the assigned pages from the Middle Ages book as assigned in the MP lesson plans even though they do not discuss the material. I feel it helps him understand the literature better.
                Julie S.
                6th year using MP/ 20th year homeschooling (2021-2022)
                DD 26- married , DS 24 - working in IT gettin married 10/9, DD 23- married with 3 littles, DS 21- working in church ministries, DD 19 Nazarene Bible College,
                DD 17 - 12th grade a mix of MP materials
                DS 16 - 11th grade -MPOA, VB, and a mix of MP materials
                DD 13 - 8th grade - 8M core with VB,
                DS 11 - 6th grade (with dyslexia & dysgraphia) -mix of MP + AAS with VB
                DD 9 - 4th grade -mix of 4A & 4M core with VB

Comment

Originally posted by Stonefield View Post

My son is in this group this year. I have him read the assigned pages from the Middle Ages book as assigned in the MP lesson plans even though they do not discuss the material. I feel it helps him understand the literature better.
                  Thanks - I've been considering whether or not to include it for my son but I think I will. It's good to know that it does add to the understanding.
                  2020-2021
                  DS10: gr5- MP5, FFL(MPOA), fable (MPOA), LOF math, Westminster Shorter Catechism Workbook, Vita Beata Lit5 and FMOR

2019-2020
                  DS14: gr9- MP8, FFL, fable/narrative (MPOA), R&S math 6, Myself & Others 3, Ligonier connect biblical studies, coop art/PE/Life Skills
                  DS9: gr4- MP4, LC, intro to comp, LOF Math, Myself and Others 3, catechism workbook, coop art/PE/supplemental science

Comment

Thanks - I've been considering whether or not to include it for my son but I think I will. It's good to know that it does add to the understanding.
                    Oh, absolutely, still have him do it! We just focus the discussions on the Literature, but I didn't mean to imply to leave it out.

Comment

Please remind me, are the Famous Men groups just a semester?
                      Katie

DS 17: Senior!
                      DD 14: 10th
                      DD 10: 6th
                      Twin DD's 8: 3rd
                      Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
                        Please remind me, are the Famous Men groups just a semester?
                        They are all year, but only 30 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                        X