Vita Beata 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vita Beata 2020/2021

Vita Beata hosts online discussion groups for MP materials for 3rd-12th graders, and we are beginning to plan for next year. If you are not familiar with this, we use exclusively MP materials and the discussions are moderated by MP parents. I do not say the classes are "taught" by the parents because they do not give assignments or grade work. This is a forum to add group discussion to your students' studies, but does not entirely replace you as the teacher. This is also not in any way an equivalent substitute for MPOA classes taught by master teachers. However, not everyone can afford MPOA, and this is a way to further enrich your students' MP studies through Socratic discussion groups.

The cost is $50 per year, per family, regardless of the number of classes a family participates in. There is no fee for moderators. We are lining up moderators for next year's classes now. Moderators and current families will register in March, and all new families will be able to register beginning in April. If you are not a current family, but wish to join and are willing to moderate a class, please PM me. If you wish to be placed on a list to be reminded of registration later, you can also message me. Please post questions to this thread so that others can see the answers. Our website should begin to be updated this weekend, but you can see what we offered this year at vitabeata.org.

Do you know for 9th grade lit if you would do the old set with Canterbury tales or the newer set with hound of the baskervilles?
    2019-2020
    DS14: gr9- MP8, FFL, fable/narrative (MPOA), R&S math 6, Myself & Others 3, Ligonier connect biblical studies, coop art/PE/Life Skills
    DS9: gr4- MP4, LC (1st half), intro to comp, LOF Math, Myself and Others 3, catechism workbook, coop art/PE/supplemental science

Comment

Originally posted by Julia View Post
      Do you know for 9th grade lit if you would do the old set with Canterbury tales or the newer set with hound of the baskervilles?
      This coming year, we're doing the old set with Canterbury Tales and Henry V.
      Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Great, thanks
        2019-2020
        DS14: gr9- MP8, FFL, fable/narrative (MPOA), R&S math 6, Myself & Others 3, Ligonier connect biblical studies, coop art/PE/Life Skills
        DS9: gr4- MP4, LC (1st half), intro to comp, LOF Math, Myself and Others 3, catechism workbook, coop art/PE/supplemental science

Comment

Working...
        X