X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enbateau
    replied
    Originally posted by andreamichele13 View Post
    enbateau Thank you! I guess I was just getting tripped up about what to do for the first unit in Level II, since we haven’t done I yet...
    Haha, when you said implement, I thought you meant how to do it.

NM.

Leave a comment:

• andreamichele13
    replied
    jen1134 Thanks! They’ve had quite a bit of grammar, so I think I’ll just stick with II and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    Originally posted by andreamichele13 View Post
    enbateau Thank you! I guess I was just getting tripped up about what to do for the first unit in Level II, since we haven’t done I yet...
    Memorizing the capitalization/punctuation rules is optional. They’re clunky to memorize so we’ve always just focused on application for those. When we switched to MP in 7th grade, I was advised to start with EGR I since my boys had very little grammar background/retention. If your children have had grammar before, then you should be able to take the capitalization/punctuation weeks to run through the Book I cards for review. If they don’t have the grammar background, then yes, I would start with Book I.

Leave a comment:

• andreamichele13
    replied

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    I introduce the rule at the beginning of the week. I try to do the eraser method on a whiteboard to get it down by the 3rd day. It usually takes 15-20 min of reading and rereading it to push it into the mental archives. That lines up with the approximate time it's scheduled for in the manual. The TM will be helpful for scheduling, but this is our process:

Day 1: Recite/memorize with eraser technique & discuss examples to comprehension. Review prior rules.
    Day 2: Copy rule in workbook. To save time, I don't make my kid write the question, just the answer & examples in her best handwriting.
    Day 3: wkbk exercises independently, then we go over them together
    Day 4: recite
    Day 5: oral quiz (we stopped the written quiz bc it was taking too much time out of our day)

I wish I had gotten the flashcards because my own ability to take time reviewing prior rules with my child flagged. We wound up making our own because the book has all the answers and no way to cover them. Don't all the rules from EGRI come in the flashcard pack? Try going over those starting now. You can always order a student workbook for extended practice of EGRI rules. I don't think you'd need a TM for that one.
    Last edited by enbateau; 01-28-2020, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andreamichele13
    started a topic Grammar Recitation

Grammar Recitation

Hi, all! So, we are new on our MP journey and have been incorporating as many new subjects as we can to acclimate ourselves before we start "all in" next fall. I had a question about Grammar Recitation. I ordered II, but I feel really lost as to how to implement it. I have the grammar cards, as well. My question is, should I order Recitation I and go through that first? My kids are 6th and 8th grades. I figured II would be the level they would be, but I'm just not sure how to begin teaching. OR, do I just need to order the Lesson Plans for II? Thanks for your help in advance!!!
Working...
X