Quizlet...yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quizlet...yes or no?

I am trying to decide if I want to take the quizlet plunge or not. I've avoided it because of the time it takes to set it up and then because we have been trying to decrease our internet and technology usage. However, I pulled it up this morning for my third grader to use for vocabulary and it went SO well. She loved it and it was so simple to use. I guess I'm simply asking for feedback. I have 5 children ages 9 and under so the more I can streamline the better. I just want to make a wise choice here. If you decided to stick to traditional flashcards, I'd like to hear your reasons. If you use quizlet, especially with multiple children, I'd like to know how and what you like about it. Also any advice for getting it set up to where it isn't overwhelming.
    ~Catherine~

DD 9yr (3rd)
    DS 8yr (2nd/3rd)
    DS 6yr (1st)
    DS 4yr
    DD 2yr

We do both-and. Flash cards up to third grade; after that, it’s usually Quizlet (except for some subjects they choose/prefer handheld flash).

And yes, purely for streamlining. I don’t have time to drill eve try subject every day, so they know to write Quizlet into their guides three times per week. And I do know it’s happening because we have a “device in plain sight” rule. Very, very helpful!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 8
    DD, 6
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

I think Dianna and Jessica use it...
      Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020/-2021 · Homeschooling since 2011.
      Trekking along at a student self-pace...
      DD Summer 2009 · 5th/6th + BS3&4
      DD Summer 2011 · SC4/SC5*6 + BS3&4
      DS Summer 2014 · K/SC2 + SL P + K
      DD Summer 2017 · Pre + SL T
      DS Autumn 2019 • Baby

Memoria Scholé Academy
      Blog: Creative Madness Mama
      @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

We use it when it's helpful. Since you have younger kiddos much of what you'll want to use has probably already been typed in. Just be patient searching! I agree on "better for older kids." My 8th grader now finds her own sets from other MP families when she needs to prepare for things. We don't pay for a membership; just use the free version. My username is "pickandgrin" if you want to see what sets I've made or copied over the years. Hope they are helpful!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2020-2021
        11th year HSing · 9th year MP
        @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
        11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Thanks so much everyone! We started using it last week after my post and I'm wondering why I ever fought it. It is going SO well! I'm gonna try and set up a device corner so we can keep them in plain sight like y'all suggested but it has helped relieve my load so much. Plus, the kids enjoy it. I'm just gonna need to be disciplined about staying on top of adding the facts to their class file.
          ~Catherine~

DD 9yr (3rd)
          DS 8yr (2nd/3rd)
          DS 6yr (1st)
          DS 4yr
          DD 2yr

Comment

So glad for you!
            Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

2020-2021
            11th year HSing · 9th year MP