OT: AHG Families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: AHG Families

HI! This is totally unrelated to MP, but I love polling MP folks! Can anyone who is an AHG family PM me? We have been in our current troop for 5 years but we just got word from our Parish that we will be able to start a troop there and I am the new troop coordinator. I'd love to ask how things work in your troop. "MP" folks have such great perspectives, I'd love to hear your experiences! I'm looking at all the MP science studies and thinking "birds" will fulfill a badge, insect, etc...plus so many others in the "Heritage Frontier".
    Christine

(2021/2022)
    DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
    DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
    DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Greetings from a fellow AHG mom! I would be happy to PM, but not sure exactly what info you are looking for. My daughter has been in AHG since first grade and is now a Stars and Stripes candidate - we have pretty much seen it all. I was treasurer for seven years, but currently do badge sign offs and ordering. We have a large Catholic troop that has ranged from upper 40s-75 girls over the years. Looking at your signature I assume you have an Explorer and a Pathfinder/Tenderheart. Congratulations on being able to start a troop and best of luck!
    Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
    15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Freshman
    DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
    DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
    DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Waving my hand loud and proud as an AHG momma. We've been involved since R was in K. We started with a small Catholic troop, then moved over to a large troop at HLS.

I personally help with Board of Review, and volunteered for camp nurse for a 1/2 week this summer. I also set up Sign Up Genius for our Joining Ceremony and Court of Awards celebrations each year.

We are blessed with many, many volunteers, and 'many hands make light work'.
      Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
      DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
      DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
      DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Oh ---- laughing ---- some badges are DEFINITELY tied into the MP science rotation in our troop. Rachel did the Birds badge
        a few years ago, at the same time it was being studied in science.
        Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
        DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
        DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
        DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
        DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
        DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Working...
        X