First Grade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grade Question

Using MP with my oldest and slowly starting with my six year old. He just finished FSR D and I have E ready to go after Christmas. I can't tell from what I see online- in first grade is storytime treasures (the first one) started after FSR e or are they working on them concurrently?
    2021/2022
    5A
    3M
    ​​​​​​1 (with some K work still to finish)
    ​With a 4 and 1 year old tag along

The first grade curriculum has them working on FSR E and Storytime Treasures concurrently. They really go hand in hand and reinforce concepts.
    N - 3rd grade at HLN
    G - 1st grade at home
    A - 1st grade at home

Comment

First grade starts the year with FSR Book E to complete the series which introduces phonograms key for beginning readers. Traditional Spelling begins week 1 and mirrors the phonics covered in FSR E though the first week is a review of short vowel information mastered in kindergarten and FSR Books A-D. About week 5 Story Time Treasures begins which also includes essential phonics lessons for the reading selections covered. So those first 12 weeks of first grade there is quite a bit of phonics. By design these review, overlap, and reinforce phonics to ensure students are attaining mastery. I suggest getting the Curriculum Manual for First Grade which is your scope & sequence for the year.

Comment

This is very helpful! Thank you!
        2021/2022
        5A
        3M
        ​​​​​​1 (with some K work still to finish)
        ​With a 4 and 1 year old tag along

Comment

Working...
        X