Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NLE: Online or Paper

Hi Everyone,

This is our family's first time taking the NLE. I am trying to register online this morning, and noticed that I have the option to register for the paper test or the online test. Does anyone have any suggestions on which is better? (FYI...my son is in 7th grade and taking SFL with MPOA.). I also assume that I would register him for the intro exam....correct?

Thanks in advance for your advice, and I hope you all had a VERY happy Thanksgiving!

Cathy
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2019-2020
    DS 12, 7th Grade
    DD 11, 6th Grade
    DS 5, K

Originally posted by TheAttachedMama View Post
    Hi Everyone,

This is our family's first time taking the NLE. I am trying to register online this morning, and noticed that I have the option to register for the paper test or the online test. Does anyone have any suggestions on which is better? (FYI...my son is in 7th grade and taking SFL with MPOA.). I also assume that I would register him for the intro exam....correct?

Thanks in advance for your advice, and I hope you all had a VERY happy Thanksgiving!

Cathy
    Good afternoon Cathy,

Yes, a middle-school Second Form Latin students who's never taken the NLE should begin with the intro exam. The online option is relatively new, so there may not be many forum members who've used it. I believe Cheryl in CA chose it this past spring though; I've tagged her in case she can help. (And Cheryl, I hope it's ok to put you on the spot!)

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Cathy,

Yes, a middle-school Second Form Latin students who's never taken the NLE should begin with the intro exam. The online option is relatively new, so there may not be many forum members who've used it. I believe Cheryl in CA chose it this past spring though; I've tagged her in case she can help. (And Cheryl, I hope it's ok to put you on the spot!)

HTH!
      Yes, you can choose paper or online. We chose online after calling them. The lady we spoke to was super helpful, so I suggest you give them a call. At the bottom of this page is a chart showing which exam to take. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...al-latin-exam/ All grades taking Second Form would take the Intro exam. I hope that helps :-)
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
      ds 23, graduated
      dd 15, 9th Grade
      dd 12, 6th Grade
      ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

My daughter prefers the paper test. She took it online last year with Lukeion. The biggest problem is the system doesn’t always handle the traffic at peak times. She was kicked out once during the exam. The instructions said to pause the time while you enter again. It did save her answers, but I didn’t find it ideal. We were advised to take it early or later in the day to avoid peak times as much as possible. The advantage is there is nothing to mail in so it is cheaper overall. Part of taking the NLE is experience with filling in bubble sheets. Those will go away in the future, but probably not while my kids are in a position to care.
        Dorinda

For 2019-2020
        DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
        DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
        DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
        DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

We have always used the paper tests and this will be our fifth year to take them. I, too, like the bubble/paper test experience. It is a great opportunity for us to ramp up for college entrance exam testing.
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
          @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
          D · 8th
          D · 5th
          S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Working...
          X