5 Day vs 2 Day JrK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Day vs 2 Day JrK

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. Late to the party and all...

First, yay! 5 day JrK! Next, is it the same as 2 day, just spread out? I noticed a few of the books were different. Last, the intended age range is still 4 yrs old, correct?
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

The new one definitely has Myself and Others added to it. I'm so excited about the 5 day!

Comment

Enigma,

You're not late to the party at all! The five-day JrK has several additions. Myself and Others 1 & 2 Cores are included and not optional like the two-day plans. There is also additional poetry, Bible stories, activities, and crafts. The alphabet study has been spread out through the week. And it is still intended for four year olds, for the year before Kindergarten.

You can see a full description of the additions on the "description" tab of the Five-Day JrK product page.

I hope that helps. We are very excited about this new five-day JrK as well!
      Bonnie
      Memoria Press

Comment

I ordered The Llama Who Had No Pajama after seeing it in the up until recently very hard-to-find 5-day Jr. K kit. It is so cute and packed full of poems about animals and insects. It is a great anthology for any child moving through the MP primary sciences.

Hey, MP, if you all decide to sell a list of the poems you specifically use in this book, please let us know. I'm halfway through SC C (the Jr. K equivalent), and I would love to sync these adorable poems in with the rest of our year.
        Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
        DD 8-3A
        DS 5-SC C

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
          Hey, MP, if you all decide to sell a list of the poems you specifically use in this book, please let us know. I'm halfway through SC C (the Jr. K equivalent), and I would love to sync these adorable poems in with the rest of our year.
          We're so glad you like The Llama Who Had No Pajama! And we wouldn't make you pay for the list of poems we use; they're attached to this forum post.

HTH, and Happy Thanksgiving!
          Attached Files
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Wow, thanks, all! We'll start incorporating these right away!
            Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
            DD 8-3A
            DS 5-SC C

Comment

Great info, thnak you. How does the new JrK compare to or will impact SC B and C? Will a charter school version be available?
              The Homeschool Grads:
              J- 6/96
              S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
              G- 4/04
              D- 5/05
              F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
              M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                Great info, thnak you. How does the new JrK compare to or will impact SC B and C? Will a charter school version be available?
                Good afternoon,

I don't believe SC Level B of C will be affected in any way by the 5-day version of Junior Kindergarten, but I've reached out to Cheryl Swope to confirm.

A charter version of the 5-day Jr. K Curriculum Manual will be created eventually, but we don't have an estimated release date at this time.

HTH!
                Last edited by Michael; 11-29-2019, 01:33 PM.
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                  How does the new JrK compare to or will impact SC B and C?
                  Hello again,

I checked with Cheryl Swope and she will not be changing Level B or C because of the new 5-day version of Junior Kindergarten. Those levels, like all Simply Classical levels, were created for a different audience and address different needs than those of our "regular" Junior Kindergarten program, 2-day or 5-day. The 5-day version is simply an alternative to the 2-day version, an alternative which, due to the increased number of days, happens to include some additional content. Does that help?
                  Michael
                  Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you, Michael, yes it does help.
                    The Homeschool Grads:
                    J- 6/96
                    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                    G- 4/04
                    D- 5/05
                    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                    M- 9/16

Comment

Thank you, MP for making this! I have a couple of years before little M will need it, but I am already looking forward to it. Since everyone else does 5 day school, it’s going to be so helpful that he can too.

AMDG,
                      Sarah
                      2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
                      DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
                      DS, 16
                      DD, 14
                      DD, 12
                      DD, 10
                      DD, 7.5
                      DD, 5.5
                      +DS+
                      DS, 18 months