Timeline question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline question

Question regarding the student workbook for the Timeline Program.

Do you have the student treat this as a copywork exercise from the handbook to the student book? Or do you paraphrase it. It's still a lot to write. I'm just curious how you guys handle this volume of writing for this one class.
    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
    DS (MP2) - 7/8
    DS (K) - 6
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

I had the kids copy all the key people and places. Then I read the summary aloud. We paraphrased it together and I'd write a summary on the board. Then they copied it into their books and illustrated.
    Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Sometimes we do a KWO (ATFF style) and sometimes I work on paraphrasing it, too. Depends. It doesn't get the same level of energy as other subjects so long as she knows the dates and what happened. So far, we haven't hit anything for which she wasn't fully aware of the details. As she advances through the grades, I have a feeling it will get more attention.
      Mama to 2

Summer:
      MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
      SY 20/21
      4A

Comment

My kids treat this as the chance to tell their own version of the reading. They read it and then come up with their own. It’s been really neat to see their third grade work (usually just a handful of sentences) grow up to their fifth and sixth grade work. And then they illustrate. Pretty simple!

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 16
        DD, 14
        DD, 12
        DD, 10
        DD, 8
        DD, 6
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

Hello.

Sorry for the delay, but I did want to speak to our intentions here. We wrote the teacher notes for your use in lecturing about each event. We did not intend students to write all this. Student should just write a short summary in their own words - great practice in writing here! Key people and places would be a nice addition too. But students should not have to write too much here. Just a concise summary.

Tanya

Comment

Rogar that. Thanks Tanya! tanya
            Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
            DS (MP2) - 7/8
            DS (K) - 6
            DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Comment

Working...
            X