EGR2 changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR2 changes

When did EGR2 get revised? I bought a new consumable student book last year, but not a new teacher book. We are getting around to working on it this year and lesson 10 has very different sentences. Looking ahead, many lessons are on different topics. What happened, when did it happen, and how am I supposed to know when I need to get a new TM? The copyright date and edition did not change. The first unit was identical as far as I could tell and I had no idea that I needed to look at every lesson in order to confirm my book was correct. I know you are very kind to update stuff, but when you go to grab the TM to check an answer it really isn’t a great time to find out the book has changed.
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    When did EGR2 get revised? I bought a new consumable student book last year, but not a new teacher book. We are getting around to working on it this year and lesson 10 has very different sentences. Looking ahead, many lessons are on different topics. What happened, when did it happen, and how am I supposed to know when I need to get a new TM? The copyright date and edition did not change. The first unit was identical as far as I could tell and I had no idea that I needed to look at every lesson in order to confirm my book was correct. I know you are very kind to update stuff, but when you go to grab the TM to check an answer it really isn’t a great time to find out the book has changed.
    Good afternoon Dorinda,

I checked our archive, and EGR II did undergo a significant revision by Cheryl from its first (~2013) printings to its second (~2015), but it has undergone no major changes since. I'm not sure why Cheryl decided to revise the program so extensively, and her revision was completed back when we were much less careful with edition changes. Please know that I offer this explanation as an explanation, not an excuse. If you're TM is from this original printing, we will happily replace it, and we can send you a PDF of whichever lesson you're on so you can continue to proceed through the program while you await the new TM. Just call (1-877-862-1097) or email (sales@memoriapress.com) to confirm your account and shipping info, and feel free to ask for me directly. Finally, my sincere apologies for the confusion we caused.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Dorinda- I remember that. If switch. Apparently they realized they had some things taught too early and they switched things around. My daughter got caught smack in the middle. I think it was when we bought book 3 we saw it retaught a significant portion of what we did in book 2. I was so confused. But we used the original book 2 then they changed it over the summer and we got the new book 3. It was frustrating but slightly understandable. I *think* they might have sent me a chapter in digital form that had moved from 3 to 2 so we didn’t miss anything. Then she just reviewed the repeated things. At least MP has always been good at helping fix these issue even if they tended to create these issue often. *wink*.
      ive run into similar but less disruptive instances when I printed quizzes for literature and found they had updated the digital files with new tests so my answer key didn’t match the tests. I could have just manually photocopied the old quizzes but I figured if they wanted them updated they must be better so I called and had them send me new TG’s. Actually all I wanted was a pdf of new answers but they insisted on sending a full new TG. I didn’t argue! This happened multiple times. And now that I have 6 years between my two youngest, I’m sure i will need almost all new TGs for my baby! At least MP sends them free! They are awesome like that!
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 21, chemistry major
      DS, 18, Physics major
      DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
      DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
      DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Working...
      X