Map Drill & Recitation PDFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Drill & Recitation PDFs

I hope this hasn't been asked (I don't seem to know how to make sure search actually searches what I want it to search). I was curious about PDF versions of two things:

1. Would it be possible to get the maps for Geo in PDF form so we can print multiple per lesson to do map drills with them? I could use the quizzes, but then maybe the quiz wouldn't be quite a "quiz" anymore.

2. Would it be possible to get individual PDFs of recitation questions by subject? I know with my older kids, we weren't always on track with each subject in each core, so I had to highlight/jump around to make sure I was hitting questions for subjects we were covering, while skipping the ones we weren't doing that year. I have a feeling the same will be true with my younger kids.

MP might not be willing to do either, but I figured, it doesn't hurt to ask (unless, of course, someone else already has and I am being a bit annoying by asking again because I can't search well. ).
    Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

For CSI, when it comes to maps, I printed off the quiz map and laminated it so my kid can write in the answer over and over all week long. You can do the same thing with the Geo quizzes. We're doing States & Caps, and we found a foldable laminated map of the US and the world put out by Sonlight. I haven't used it as much as I thought, but instead of laminating quizzes, I'm using this before regional tests.
    Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
    Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
    SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

1. You can absolutely just print the quizzes. They're meant to test knowledge and mastery, not trip the student up. Practicing with the quiz page means the student will know what they need to and know it well!
      ~ Carrie
      Catholic mom to four - ages 11, 9, 7, and 5
      8th year homeschooling, 3rd year MP!
      2020-2021: 6M with FFL, 4M with FFL, and some of 1st grade

Comment

enbateau
        ::Forehead slap:: Print the quizzes and laminate. Genius. I've been wondering how to get this bit of information in a bit better!
        Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
        DS (MP3A) - 8
        DS (1) - 7
        DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
          enbateau
          ::Forehead slap:: Print the quizzes and laminate. Genius. I've been wondering how to get this bit of information in a bit better!
          Yep. I never thought to print and laminate them.
          Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

Comment

You can also do this (link-dropping): https://seekingdelectare.com/my-favo...meschool-hack/
            Jennifer
            Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
            DS18: Almost done!
            DS17: MP, MPOA
            DS15: MP, MPOA
            DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
            DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
            DD9: SC3
            DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
              You can also do this (link-dropping): https://seekingdelectare.com/my-favo...meschool-hack/
              What a genius idea!

Comment

Brit,

We use the Drill Question Flashcards for review/recitation by subject. So if you are doing Greek Myths and just want to do a recitation based on that subject, you can just use the flashcards for that. I think we have flashcards for basically every subject except math and science, so you should be able to do thorough reviews by subject. And for math, we use math facts flashcards and we skip count. We could use science flashcards, but we haven't gotten around to that yet!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                X