Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Latin Recitation cards with multiple kids/levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Latin Recitation cards with multiple kids/levels?

I love the new-ish Latin Recitation cards, but we've run into a problem this year: has anyone figured out a way to use the cards with more than one child when they're in different levels? I have one in FFL and another in SFL so the cards they need to work with overlap.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
    DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD10: SC3
    DD7: MPK

I haven't gotten those as we're only in LC, but I did end up buying a second set of LC flashcards since my older two are doing Latin together. I think if you've got overlap of materials, in anything, you're going to need one set per kid.
    ~ Carrie
    Catholic mom to four - ages 11, 9, 7, and 5
    8th year homeschooling, 3rd year MP!
    2020-2021: 6M with FFL, 4M with FFL, and some of 1st grade

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
      I love the new-ish Latin Recitation cards, but we've run into a problem this year: has anyone figured out a way to use the cards with more than one child when they're in different levels? I have one in FFL and another in SFL so the cards they need to work with overlap.
      Hmmm. They are divided BEAUTIFULLY into years (FIrst Form, Second Form, etc). I separated all of mine and put them on different binder rings. That way, it's easy to grab the FFL or whichever year I need.
      Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
      DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
      DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
      DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Good afternoon Jen,

Do your two students complete their Latin, or at least their recitation, at the same time of day? If so, you could try replicating HLS' school-wide recitation: All Latin students are gathered together and, at first, all are reciting. As the forms become more advanced, students in lower levels will gradually drop out and silently listen. This exposes all students to the full Latin grammar (or, in your case, the full grammar up through whichever lesson your SFL student is in). Would such a method possibly work in your homeschool?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Good afternoon Jen,

Do your two students complete their Latin, or at least their recitation, at the same time of day? If so, you could try replicating HLS' school-wide recitation: All Latin students are gathered together and, at first, all are reciting. As the forms become more advanced, students in lower levels will gradually drop out and silently listen. This exposes all students to the full Latin grammar (or, in your case, the full grammar up through whichever lesson your SFL student is in). Would such a method possibly work in your homeschool?
          That might work! Thank you!!
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
          DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
          DS15: MP, MPOA
          DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
          DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
          DD10: SC3
          DD7: MPK

Comment

Working...