Art Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art Card Question

I was wondering if it was okay to ask about the 33 Kinder art cards. What order? We never did MP Kinder. But we now have the art cards. Our family is going to go through (each week) 3 art cards and 3 music selections from the K-2 music and art enrichment. I'm using the Music Enrichment book to guide us.....but I don't have anything like that for the Kinder art cards. I was hoping to pull out the week 1 K/1/2 art cards together but don't know the week 1-33 on the Kinder cards.

Let me know if it's okay to have this info. Thanks so much!

Susan P in VA

I know you don't need the read aloud books for your kiddos, but the Enrichment guides would give you additional information about the art cards.

*I just re-read your post*. If you got the SC enrichment guide, https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...richment-guide you will get all the information about the cards. They were not necessarily scheduled with 1 week from K/1/2 but 3 cards are scheduled a week. The additional information about the card is there..and you would only have to buy one guide. Bonus, there are questions to the American History readers in there!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Hi Christine!
      Thanks for that suggestion. I appreciate it. I actually like the order the art cards were scheduled in MP 1 and 2 ( loosely lining up with seasons and holidays), and still have my MP 1 and 2 enrichment guides. Was just hoping not to have to buy a curriculum book or something to know the actual order of the 33 cards. But I will give it thought.
      SusanP

Comment

I did not realize you already had two of the enrichment guides. Then, you "only' need the K book! If that is the case, I might bite the bullet and buy the K guide. Your kid, in particular, might benefit from all the extra information about the artists in the guide?

It would be nice if there was a stand alone "art" book for just this purpose!
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
        DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
          I was wondering if it was okay to ask about the 33 Kinder art cards. What order? We never did MP Kinder. But we now have the art cards. Our family is going to go through (each week) 3 art cards and 3 music selections from the K-2 music and art enrichment. I'm using the Music Enrichment book to guide us.....but I don't have anything like that for the Kinder art cards. I was hoping to pull out the week 1 K/1/2 art cards together but don't know the week 1-33 on the Kinder cards.

Let me know if it's okay to have this info. Thanks so much!

Susan P in VA
          Good afternoon Susan,

We use the Kindergarten Art Cards in the following order in Kindergarten Enrichment. The numbers correspond to weeks.
          1. Birch Forest
          2. Still Life with Apples
          3. Jungle with Lion
          4. Mona Lisa
          5. A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
          6. A Harbor in Moonlight
          7. The Old Stagecoach
          8. All Saints
          9. The Bull
          10. The Gleaners
          11. At the Moulin Rouge
          12. The Harvest Wagon
          13. The Annunciation
          14. Sistine Madonna
          15. Adoration of the Magi
          16. Impression, Sunrise
          17. Starry Night
          18. Chestnut Trees at Louveciennes
          19. Supper at Emmaus
          20. Hunters in the Snow
          21. Peasant Wedding Feast
          22. Abraham Lincoln (Lincoln Memorial)
          23. Girl Interrupted at Her Music
          24. Roofs of Barcelona
          25. The Sleeping Gypsy
          26. Wanderer Above the Sea Fog
          27. Pieta
          28. n/a (Eric Carle's art in Animals, Animals)
          29. Driftwood
          30. An Old Woman Cooking Eggs
          31. Still Life with Apples and Oranges
          32. Umbrellas in the Rain
          33. A Girl with a Watering Can
          34. The Peaceable Kingdom
          HTH!
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Michael!

Thanks so much! What a super hero you continue to be....sweeping in to the rescue in typical Michael-like fashion.

We are just doing a final pass-through/survey as a family of the musical selections and art cards, 3 per week. So this week’s art would be Gustav Klimpt’s Birch Forest and Apfelbaum, as well as Mary Cassat’s ‘Five O’Clock Tea’. And then we’re listening to all 3 of the Week 1 music pieces out of the music enrichment guide. This is as much for me as it is for my younger son. This way we’ll hit the winter and Christmas selections at hopefully the right time.

Blessings,
            SusanP

Comment

Working...
            X