Fourth Form Streaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fourth Form Streaming

Hi. When will Fourth Form be streaming on the website?

Thank you,
    Christina

9th grader MPOA/state virtual school, 6th in private school, 4th hodgepodge homeschool (only girl), and a 4 year old pediatric cancer patient.

Is the fourth form streaming the same teacher as the DVD’s?
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Hello Christina and Dorinda,

Cheryl Lowe is the DVD instructor for Fourth Form Latin. I'm not sure when her videos are scheduled to be uploaded, so I will follow-up after checking with our video editor and web manager.

HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
        Hi. When will Fourth Form be streaming on the website?

Thank you,
        Good afternoon Christina,

I've spoken with our video editor and the 4FL files are old enough that we will need to do some significant work to prepare them for streaming. We can bump 4FL up on our "to stream" list, but we'll still need 2-3 months before we can make them available.

HTH!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you Michael. My son went through 3rd Form and entered public high school in Latin 2 using Wheelock's. He just had me order him 4th Form for study on the side, because they are superior Please pass that on to the office. I picked up the classical 3rd Form CD, too. Thank you for that.

P.S. I would pick streaming Logic 2 over 4FL. I am hoping to use the streaming logic in the spring after school.
          Christina

9th grader MPOA/state virtual school, 6th in private school, 4th hodgepodge homeschool (only girl), and a 4 year old pediatric cancer patient.

Comment

Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
            Thank you Michael. My son went through 3rd Form and entered public high school in Latin 2 using Wheelock's. He just had me order him 4th Form for study on the side, because they are superior Please pass that on to the office. I picked up the classical 3rd Form CD, too. Thank you for that.

P.S. I would pick streaming Logic 2 over 4FL. I am hoping to use the streaming logic in the spring after school.
            You're very welcome! Martin has almost finished his final round of edits to the new Logic I videos, so he should be able to begin reviewing Logic II shortly. Still no ETA, but we are making progress!

HTH!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

You're very welcome! Martin has almost finished his final round of edits to the new Logic I videos, so he should be able to begin reviewing Logic II shortly. Still no ETA, but we are making progress!

HTH!
              Question: when a subject has both a DVD and a streaming option, are they always the same content, only delivered and priced differently? Case in point, will there be a new DVD for Logic I (and II) once Mr. Cothran is done with these new videos? Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it is the same content. We will have dvds and streaming available for Logic. We figure that eventually there won't be a demand for dvds, but we currently sell a lot of them, so people are still using them somewhere!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  Yes, it is the same content. We will have dvds and streaming available for Logic. We figure that eventually there won't be a demand for dvds, but we currently sell a lot of them, so people are still using them somewhere!

Tanya
                  Thank you, Tanya! Oh please don't discontinue dvds!! I find that, in the long run, they are more flexible than streaming, and you really, truly own the content... at least until they make DVD players For instance, I have a child who's *much* younger than my older set, so if I buy a dvd, I have it no matter what happens. Yes, the clothes will end up looking dated but who cares! I know MP works with families who need to renew subscriptions later on, but it's just not the same thing from my point of view. I'll soon buy the Algebra I streaming, and I really wish there were dvds instead (although I think I remember Michael saying that for Algebra you'd need a ridiculous number of discs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
                    I'll soon buy the Algebra I streaming, and I really wish there were dvds instead (although I think I remember Michael saying that for Algebra you'd need a ridiculous number of discs.)
                    I did say that, and we would need a ridiculous number! However, we have been researching physical alternatives to DVDs for these longer programs. The most promising option so far has been a locked, encoded USB drive, almost a USB equivalent to a burned, uneditable DVD or CD.

HTH!
                    Michael
                    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
                    X