Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fourth Form Streaming

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fourth Form Streaming

    Hi. When will Fourth Form be streaming on the website?

    Thank you,
    Christina

    #2
    Is the fourth form streaming the same teacher as the DVD’s?
    Dorinda

    For 2020-2021
    DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
    DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
    DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
    DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

    Comment


      #3
      Hello Christina and Dorinda,

      Cheryl Lowe is the DVD instructor for Fourth Form Latin. I'm not sure when her videos are scheduled to be uploaded, so I will follow-up after checking with our video editor and web manager.

      HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
        Hi. When will Fourth Form be streaming on the website?

        Thank you,
        Good afternoon Christina,

        I've spoken with our video editor and the 4FL files are old enough that we will need to do some significant work to prepare them for streaming. We can bump 4FL up on our "to stream" list, but we'll still need 2-3 months before we can make them available.

        HTH!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

        Comment


          #5
          Thank you Michael. My son went through 3rd Form and entered public high school in Latin 2 using Wheelock's. He just had me order him 4th Form for study on the side, because they are superior Please pass that on to the office. I picked up the classical 3rd Form CD, too. Thank you for that.

          P.S. I would pick streaming Logic 2 over 4FL. I am hoping to use the streaming logic in the spring after school.
          Christina

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
            Thank you Michael. My son went through 3rd Form and entered public high school in Latin 2 using Wheelock's. He just had me order him 4th Form for study on the side, because they are superior Please pass that on to the office. I picked up the classical 3rd Form CD, too. Thank you for that.

            P.S. I would pick streaming Logic 2 over 4FL. I am hoping to use the streaming logic in the spring after school.
            You're very welcome! Martin has almost finished his final round of edits to the new Logic I videos, so he should be able to begin reviewing Logic II shortly. Still no ETA, but we are making progress!

            HTH!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post

              You're very welcome! Martin has almost finished his final round of edits to the new Logic I videos, so he should be able to begin reviewing Logic II shortly. Still no ETA, but we are making progress!

              HTH!
              Question: when a subject has both a DVD and a streaming option, are they always the same content, only delivered and priced differently? Case in point, will there be a new DVD for Logic I (and II) once Mr. Cothran is done with these new videos? Thanks!
              DS (14)
              DD (13)
              DS (6)

              Comment


                #8
                Yes, it is the same content. We will have dvds and streaming available for Logic. We figure that eventually there won't be a demand for dvds, but we currently sell a lot of them, so people are still using them somewhere!

                Tanya

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  Yes, it is the same content. We will have dvds and streaming available for Logic. We figure that eventually there won't be a demand for dvds, but we currently sell a lot of them, so people are still using them somewhere!

                  Tanya
                  Thank you, Tanya! Oh please don't discontinue dvds!! I find that, in the long run, they are more flexible than streaming, and you really, truly own the content... at least until they make DVD players For instance, I have a child who's *much* younger than my older set, so if I buy a dvd, I have it no matter what happens. Yes, the clothes will end up looking dated but who cares! I know MP works with families who need to renew subscriptions later on, but it's just not the same thing from my point of view. I'll soon buy the Algebra I streaming, and I really wish there were dvds instead (although I think I remember Michael saying that for Algebra you'd need a ridiculous number of discs.)
                  DS (14)
                  DD (13)
                  DS (6)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
                    I'll soon buy the Algebra I streaming, and I really wish there were dvds instead (although I think I remember Michael saying that for Algebra you'd need a ridiculous number of discs.)
                    I did say that, and we would need a ridiculous number! However, we have been researching physical alternatives to DVDs for these longer programs. The most promising option so far has been a locked, encoded USB drive, almost a USB equivalent to a burned, uneditable DVD or CD.

                    HTH!
                    Michael
                    Memoria Press

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Michael View Post

                      I did say that, and we would need a ridiculous number! However, we have been researching physical alternatives to DVDs for these longer programs. The most promising option so far has been a locked, encoded USB drive, almost a USB equivalent to a burned, uneditable DVD or CD.

                      HTH!
                      This is certainly an interesting development - thank you, Michael & MP!
                      DS (14)
                      DD (13)
                      DS (6)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Good afternoon everyone,

                        Fourth Form Latin Instructional Videos are now available via streaming!
                        Fourth Form Latin completes the journey of Latin grammar by reviewing all material in First, Second, and Third Form, completing all verb forms for all four
                        Michael
                        Memoria Press

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X