Latina Christiana - Customized Grammar Drill Lessons 1-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christiana - Customized Grammar Drill Lessons 1-15

I finally finished my Latin project for the Grammar drills. This took some time but I think it could really help during Latin class. I created a student version and a teacher version.

[See post #5 below. -Michael]

Anyone who wants it is welcome to it.

Last edited by Michael; 09-06-2019, 11:06 AM. Reason: edited per OP's request
    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
    DS (MP2) - 7/8
    DS (K) - 6
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Wow..thanks.
    Regards,
    Hollie

2019-20:
    1-day/week co-op using MP materials
    DD & DS - 10th: MPOA: 4FL, HS Comp II; MP streaming Biology; VideoText Algebra; 10th Lit, Light to the Nations II
    DS - 7th, VideoText Algebra, MPOA: 2FL, Chreia/Maxim-Ref/Con
    DD - 7th, CHREIA/Maxim, MPOA: 2FL
    DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
    DD - 3A
    DS - 4yrs - pre-school/JrK when he will sit still
    Using MP complete since 2016-17; bits and pieces for many years previous

Comment

This is amazing! We just started LC yesterday, so forgive me for asking probably a silly question but...when do you use these? In place of something, or in addition to the lesson plans?

Comment

Hey there. Don't use these!!

I'm must have been terribly tired. They have font issues all over the place. I'm widening the margins and addressing the font issues and increasing the size of the spaces. I'll repost corrected ones today. Also, if you want me to send you the Excel sheets directly, I'm happy to email them to you. The Forum here doesn't allow me to post in Excel - only PDF. If I send you the excel files, you can edit to your heart's content. You might hate the colors or the narrow margins or the examples. It's just meant to help us so it needs to be accessible and editable.

Meadowlark You know when you look at the lesson plan for the course, and it says "Vocal Drill Sheet Day 1" or "Grammar Drill Sheet Day 2"? When you look at the generic drill sheets in the teacher's manual, it says to print lots of these out. But, they don't always have enough spaces to cover what is needed for that day. I don't want to print 3 grammar drill sheets for one day for 2 students each. I felt like it wasn't quite what I needed. I've been pre-reading the Latin Christiana for this year and I see over and over how it wants us to do several practice sets of declining and conjugating during the class lesson itself. I want those on 1 sheet per day. Also, I wanted to make the vocabulary spaces a bit larger. Hopefully, when I finish, I can tell my printer to print the entire set on 2 sided paper. I'm setting it to follow the lesson plans so each lesson will be in the same order: Vocab. Drill Day 1, Vocab. Drill Day 2, Grammar Drill Day 1, Vocab. Drill Day 3, Grammar Drill Day 2. When I recreate the PDF, I'll make it this way for the student. For the teacher set, I won't make the PDF to include the Vocabulary since it is copied straight from the book itself.

For example, look at Lesson 5, p.19 in the Teacher manual. During class, it wants the student to conjugate 2 verbs and decline 2 nouns, and it tells you which ones. If you look at the Grammar drill sheet (soon to be updated) for Lesson 5, Day 1 and Day 2 that I made, you'll see I created a box for each one of these on either Day 1 or Day 2. Sometimes, it's repeated for both days. The Teacher set has the answers in blue, and the Student set has a blank. Note: A few times, I added a couple of extra or different ones to even out the practice on those 2 days. If you could see the excel sheet, I made a note on the sheet in the non-printed area that I made that change. I tried to make it so that nearly everything in Blue (except for the given word to be worked on) is the responsibility of the student to fill in on their sheet.

This way, during the lesson, I can have them work on either Grammar or Vocabulary, I have it laid out each day ahead of time (no planning), and I have the answers for myself in case I forget myself what the answers area. With Multiple Cores, I need some things to run on automatic.

Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
        DS (MP2) - 7/8
        DS (K) - 6

Comment

Grammar Drills - TEACHER KEY.pdf
          Grammar Drills - STUDENT .pdf

USE THESE!

The Student PDF has both the Vocabulary Sheets and the Grammar Sheets. I embedded the vocabulary sheets within the grammar drills so that it follows the lesson plans. It did make for a large stack of worksheets - about 117 to be exact. I printed mine on 2 sides to cut down on bulk. This is designed to follow the 2 yr Latina Christiana set up so I stopped at Lesson 15. If you print the entire student packet, in theory, you should have printed everything for year 1 for both Vocabulary and Grammar Drills. In theory.

I intended for the grammar drill sheets to be on 1 page per day. Dealing with spacing and font issues and the fact that some kids need a bit more room for handwriting still, I couldn't make that happen and still be able to read it. Also, some kiddos with vision concerns wouldn't like the tiny font that resulted - and neither did I!. What I did was stretch the grammar day drills onto 2 pages (1 page front and back) for each grammar day. The only week this didn't happen was week 1.

The Teacher set does not include the vocabulary drill pages.

Michael I intended to go back and delete my earlier posts to avoid any confusion, but the edit feature seems to be missing. Did that change?

If anyone sees any glaring errors or misspellings, I'll happily update. Unfortunately, spell check doesn't care for Latin so I'm relying on my eyes to catch any errors.

Good luck guys!
          Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
          DS (MP2) - 7/8
          DS (K) - 6

Comment

cherylswope

I don't know if this would help any Simply Classical students, but it was my thought that with the extra aids embedded in the sheets, it could help with any written practice in lieu of the generic sheets in the Teacher's Manual. Also, since the Teacher Key Grammar Sheets match the Student Sheets exactly (font, spacing, etc), it could be a copy work exercise instead of straight independent work. I did spend the last couple of days trying to make the spaces and font larger to help anyone with vision challenges or extra writing space needs.

Use these:
            Grammar Drills - TEACHER KEY.pdf
            Grammar Drills - STUDENT .pdf

Please don't use the initial post with those PDF's. They had problems that I hope I've corrected.
            Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
            DS (MP2) - 7/8
            DS (K) - 6

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
              Michael I intended to go back and delete my earlier posts to avoid any confusion, but the edit feature seems to be missing. Did that change?
              Good afternoon Melissa,

Yes, there is a time limit after which posts become locked and can no longer be edited. I've added a note to your first post that people should use your second set of PDFs. My edit is in bracketed italics and signed "-Michael," so it should hopefully be clear that the changes are mine and I'm not putting any words in your mouth

HTH!
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
              X