Prima Latina or Latina Christiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prima Latina or Latina Christiana?

I am wanting a nice pleasant introduction in to Latin for my children. A little background is that one is eager to learn (the young 4th grader) and the other would rather avoid all learning all together-except that he loves science. That would be the older 4th grader. The older child is in public school so the program would be an afterschool thing for him. The younger child is homeschooled. I was thinking of starting with Prima Latina to warm the children up to Latin, but don't want to waste my money putting them in a program that really is meant for younger children. Both children are bright with nothing restraining their abilities to learn-that is, nothing other than willingness.

More

I needed to add that we already use Rummy Roots so I don't know if that would make Prima Latina redundant or not. I am leaning toward Prima Latina, but hope to get some advice here.

Comment

Re: Prima Latina or Latina Christiana?

I'd go with Latina Christiana. Prima Latina is such a gentle introduction to Latin that 4th graders probably wouldn't find it challenging enough, imo. Have you looked at the chart comparing the two programs? It includes samples of each:

http://www.memoriapress.com/descript...a-v-latina.htm

Here's wishing you "bona fortuna" in your family's Latin studies!

Comment

Working...
      X