No announcement yet.

Mid-year Moving - Hit me with your best advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, MBentley it sounds like there's all sorts of "schooling" going on at your house! I bet amid feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, you are feeling proud of your accomplishments. I hope the rest of the restoration goes smoothly for you. It will be very much YOUR house once you move in!
    Emily…a hunter who prefers coffee to chocolate and dreams of the mountains

Beech Tree Boarding School, 2021-2022
    DD (age 10): MP 5
    DD (age 8): MP 2
    DS (age 5): MP K
    "Maybe stalking the woods is as vital to the human condition as making music or putting words to paper. Maybe hunting has as much of a claim on our civilized selves as anything else.” Steven Rinella

Comment

Hugs! We've never been on the receiving end of cheap craftsmanship in any of the houses we've bought, but I'll never forget going to replace floor boards that were just a hair thicker than how they are milled today, and we had to hire a carpenter to plane them down to match. And in another exasperating electrical nightmare, I wound up schooling my husband (who is amazingly gifted at all things plumbing, electrical and general construction) and father-in-law in the diagram of a split fan and light running off of a 3-terminal switch jumped off an existing line. It was epic. Then again, we military wives are often left to fix household disasters by ourselves while our husbands are out of country.

I still dream of building our own place from scratch when my son gets older, but your recount has me remembering so many protracted (husbandless and fatherless) days where we just had to soldier on to get the reno done.

Prayers for an enjoyable time learning new skills with the kids while you're in the thick of it and a return to MP joy once it's all done.
      Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
      Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
      SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Working...
      X