Book of the Ancient World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of the Ancient World

I tried searching for this and didn't find anything. Is there any reason that we couldn't read BOAW several times a week until we're done and then start the Book of the Ancient Greeks afterward instead of reading them simultaneously as it is scheduled in the 8th-grade plans?
    Homeschooling since the dark ages of 2001

14 yo son- MP 8th grade
    Four graduates (20,23,25,27)

That’s what we did. I had to tweak the plans a bit, but we did the BOAW first then BOAG then Iliad and Odyssey. I get that MP considers BOAW as “Christian Studies” which they do once a week and BOAG as the intro to Homer in classical studies which they do the other days of the week, but for my kids it just made sense to do one then the other.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 21, chemistry major
    DS, 18, Physics major
    DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
    DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Perfect! That's what I'm thinking will work best for us. I'm thinking of scheduling us at approx. 9 weeks for each- BOAW, BOAG, Iliad, Odyssey.

14 yo son- MP 8th grade

Comment

And that's what we do at HLS. We just scheduled it throughout the year for the public because we felt like we needed to incorporate Christian studies year-long.

Tanya

Comment

Achievement unlocked, as they say in the video game world. I'm thinking like HLS. *pats self on back*

14 yo son- MP 8th grade

Comment

That's a new one for me, but I like it! Once you are all in school with books in hand, I'm going to have an "achievement unlocked" day!

Tanya

Comment

You deserve it! We start right after Labor Day. Any word on those student planners?

14 yo son- MP 8th grade

Comment

They are supposed to ship on the 22nd. I hope they make it! If not, I'm going to have some unhappy HLS teachers!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                X