Teaching Second Form Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching Second Form Latin

My daughter took First Form at school last year, so she's doing Second Form at home this year. It is completely over my head! I'm teaching my son First Form, so I hope to learn along with him, but I don't feel like I can help my daughter in Second Form at the moment. She is very confident in her ability to do it on her own and it's her favorite subject (she was the best student in her class last year). She might be a little over-confident, though, as I found out she wasn't watching the DVD lesson and was just reading the book and doing the work. Thankfully we have only completed 2 weeks. My question is, should I put her in the MPOA class for Second Form, or will we be ok if I never fully understand what she is learning until I get through First Form with my son? On a side note, I am continually sleep deprived because of my twins, so my brain function is slow during this season!
    Emerson

1st year using MP, coming from private classical school
    DD, 11/23/06, MP7A
    DS, 2/13/08, MP6A
    DD, 1/21/12, MP2
    DD, 8/28/14, SC1 phonics, K math
    DS, 4/11/16, playmobil university
    DS twins, 4/9/19

If you can afford MPOA I say go for it! It's well worth the money not only for the live class and accountability but the grading aspect. You'll recieve a grade report at the end of the year and think about all those quizzes and tests you don't have to mark! Hallelujah! Plus, if she loves Latin you want to keep throwing gasoline on that fire. MPOA is an excellent way to do it.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
    DS Hillsdale College freshman
    DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
    DD 8th • HLN & Home
    DS 5th • HLN & Home
    Me • Plugging away with MA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
    Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016
    "Most people overestimate what they can accomplish in one year and underestimate what they can accomplish in five." -Mrs. Cheryl Lowe

Comment

And keep in mind for NEXT school year that if you register very early (March?) you usually get a discount.
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
      DS Hillsdale College freshman
      DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
      DD 8th • HLN & Home
      DS 5th • HLN & Home
      Me • Plugging away with MA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
      Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016
      "Most people overestimate what they can accomplish in one year and underestimate what they can accomplish in five." -Mrs. Cheryl Lowe

Comment

Working...
      X