Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF2000
    replied
    Yes, please! Always happy to help anyone in need - no drowning allowed!

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied
    Can I share this with a friend of mine who is homeschooling her 6th grader for the first time? Today is her first day, and the daughter is in tears and Mom is so, so freaked out. I told her to give herself 2 weeks to do the first week, and I think she will, but I think your testimony would really help her. She is using a different curriculum that is much like MP in terms of box checking, but with a Charlotte Mason focus, instead of a Classical focus.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Oh my! So don't relax, but also don't worry? I'm going to work on that!

Tanya
    Yeah, I mean, if one can swing it, it's a great attitude!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Oh my! So don't relax, but also don't worry? I'm going to work on that!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Mrs. Bee,

You think you feel performance anxiety? We are with you there! Maybe that's necessary though in order to keep pushing on as hard as we need to. That's what I tell myself anyway ...

Tanya
    I have to admit, I had not considered your side of the fence I don't know what I'd do without MP, so you just keep the pressure going, and don't you relax!
    Jokes aside, that's why it's so hard to find the balance and equanimity Sarah talks about. But I happened on a quote from St. John Vianney just this morning, and I think it's perfect for our shared mission: God commands us to pray, but He forbids us to worry (Il nous commande la priere, mais il nous defend l'inquietude - sorry about ignoring accents).
    I'll have to remember that when "the panic butterflies start to roll in", as Sarah put it!!
    Last edited by Mrs Bee; 08-20-2019, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle T
    replied
    Sarah,

Thank you for posting the encouraging reminder. I am sure many will benefit from reading it. Home school mom was the toughest job I ever had. It was so important to have others who walked alongside me on that wonderful journey with words of encouragement!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Mrs. Bee,

You think you feel performance anxiety? We are with you there! Maybe that's necessary though in order to keep pushing on as hard as we need to. That's what I tell myself anyway ...

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Kkramer
    replied
    Thankful to read this as I'm up late prepping for tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Bee
    replied
    Sometimes I feel like "Saving Western Civilization One Student At The Time" is a great sales pitch... but it tends to provoke a teensy weensy bit of performance anxiety

Leave a comment:

• Maggie
    replied
    Beautiful Sarah! Wisdom gained and passed on, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• The Autumn Oak
    replied
    Great post Sarah!...Very encouraging, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• yonkid
    replied
    Aye. So true. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• MBentley
    replied
    Thank you for that. And I really mean it.

We may be facing a life change where hubby may be gone 28on/28off rotation overseas. I can't plan on it until we know and I won't know for a while. Or, we may be moving. Or....sheesh.... Actually, that rotating schedule would be so good for our family as we would - surprisingly - get so much more quality time together as a family. It's just...when Dad is home, we don't do school. He's had a 9/80 work schedule (which is laughable because he worked so many more hours) which means he's off every other Friday. I planned everything so that those Fridays he was home, we didn't do school, and the Fridays where he went in, we had a short day and a window for catching up anything that needed to be completed.

I JUST finished getting my entire upcoming school year for all kids looking perfect (checkboxes - oh yeah). The individualized schedules are printed, bound, and gorgeous. And potentially totally useless. So you can see why I needed to see this. Your words put it all back into perspective and that helps.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Just golden, Sarah!

Leave a comment:

• thekastenbees
    replied
    Thank you for this note of encouragement!

Sincerely,
    Your overwhelmed and ambitious, stirred to motivate, yet already tired, mother to 2nd Grader and Kindergartener, and two youngsters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X