Myself and Others core books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself and Others core books

Does anyone know when to use the core books for Myself and Others in book 1? It doesn’t say anywhere in the manual where to incorporate them.

The Myself & Others lists which core book to read under the Listening section at the bottom of the page in Levels 1 and 2. It is listed in italics under the ear in levels 3 and 4 where each section then has a core book. In the front of Myself & Others there are several pages of information for the teacher. Find the section that details how to complete each section of the text and read the Listening portion. It details how/when to incorporate the books. Basically the program was designed to have the books read last, after the other information for the week had been covered. That way you could discuss behavior of the characters with relation to elements taught that week.

Comment

Thank you Michelle, but I cannot find the CORE books listed anywhere for the weeks in volume 1, just the read alouds. Volume 2 does have the CORE books listed under the "listening" section.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire View Post
        Thank you Michelle, but I cannot find the CORE books listed anywhere for the weeks in volume 1, just the read alouds. Volume 2 does have the CORE books listed under the "listening" section.
        Good evening Claire,

I just double-checked M&O Book One, and the read-aloud books are given under the Listening Section. The core books are incorporated into the other rows at specific times throughout the course:
        • F is For Feelings - Health, Week 9
        • Richard Scarry’s Polite Elephant - Manners, Week 5
        • Listen and Learn - Manners, Week 12
        • Know and Follow Rules - Rules, Week 10
        Specific directions for each core book are given in the week in which the book is introduced. My apologies for the confusion!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you so much Michael. I knew it had to be somewhere in there. That's one of the reasons I love MP, everything is layed out for you!

Comment

I’m so sorry! I was going off my memory which evidently needs some help! Luckily Michael watches out for me.

Comment

Working...
            X