Latina Christiana Editions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christiana Editions

Is it possible to use the earlier edition DVDs with Leigh Lowe in conjunction with 4th Edition materials? My children REALLY like her style and do not care at all for the new teacher. Jessica strikes me as a woman with a lovely, friendly personality, but the script moves much too quickly with little time to respond or process. Also, well, the camera focus is TOO close to her face. Her head nearly filling the screen is a bit unnerving. Maybe we're just too picky. I don't know. What would you do?
    Joanie

Originally posted by jaredluvsjoanie View Post
    Is it possible to use the earlier edition DVDs with Leigh Lowe in conjunction with 4th Edition materials? My children REALLY like her style and do not care at all for the new teacher. Jessica strikes me as a woman with a lovely, friendly personality, but the script moves much too quickly with little time to respond or process. Also, well, the camera focus is TOO close to her face. Her head nearly filling the screen is a bit unnerving. Maybe we're just too picky. I don't know. What would you do?
    I bought a used LC1 (3rd ed.) and was able to order the accompanying Leigh Lowe DVDs by contacting MP to tell them which edition I needed. I also ordered the LC Worksheets and Ludere Latin, but I found they didn't match the LC1 lessons exactly, so I had to make adjustments and I think the last few lessons really didn't match at all. I'm sure someone with more experience will soon chime in to tell you how or if Leigh Lowe's DVDs work with the new LC.
    Monica

Comment

I am sad to report that you cannot mix and match materials from the two versions. There would too much jumping around to try to line up the old lessons with what you learn in the new. And even the content of the lessons themselves has changed. You could use the new ones for lessons, and the old one for enrichment...

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
      DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
      DS, 16
      DD, 14
      DD, 12
      DD, 10
      DD, 7.5
      DD, 5.5
      +DS+
      DS, 18 months

Comment

Monica and Sarah, thank you both. I may just have to tell my children to lump it and learn it. 😆

As an aside, I didn't mean to sound so disparaging of Jessica's videos. 😯 She really does strike me as someone with whom I would be delighted to pal around. I guess even 48yo grown women (ahem) need to be reminded to think about wording and tone before hitting that POST button. Apologies!

Joanie

Comment

If you are learning along with your children then LatinaChristiana is doable without any video lessons.
          Dorinda

For 2019-2020
          DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
          DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
          DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
          DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
            If you are learning along with your children then LatinaChristiana is doable without any video lessons.
            True! I can do that, for sure.
            Joanie

Comment

Working...
            X