Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahcook
    replied
    Thank you both for the clarification. It is with great relief that I can shelve that portion of the TM. I was looking at it like a soft-launch into the FM series but was a bit nervous as to how I was going to sell it to my DD along with everything else!.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Good afternoon Hollie,

The Famous Men of Rome guide included in the back of LC was written before the more thorough, separate study guides. We kept the LC guide primarily for small, Latin-only co-ops who would like to add a light historical and cultural component to their Latin language study. These co-ops do not and will not be covering classical studies as its own subject. Since you will have Greek mythology for classical studies in 3A, and you will then complete the full FMR program in 4A (or 5R if you need to slow down), there's no need to incorporate the history portion of LC this year.

HTH!

P.S. The history questions on the LC tests were moved to their own separate test as part of the 4th-edition revisions. The goal is to make the history portion even easier to omit. We apparently forgot to update that note about the history questions, but we will fix it now that it's been caught. Apologies for the confusion!

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    I thought I read that it's a tie in for those who come to LC late/in an older grade. It's not anything we're doing in 3A, as it's obviously scheduled in 4A

Leave a comment:

• Hahcook
    started a topic Latina Christiana and History component

Latina Christiana and History component

Look at me actually reading the TMs before Day 1 (or 25) of school!!!

I discovered the history guide in the back of the TM and think it looks really great....but am at a loss as to how to schedule it into the lessons. I understand that it is the first 13 chapters of the FMR text but didn't see it scheduled in the CM (We are trying 3A/1-yr pace but it isn't my hill to die on so if we need to slow it down, no problem...).

Has anyone been successful in adding this component to the subject? Any hints as to timing of the chapters? The TM said there are history questions on the tests but I didn't see any other than the History final (4th Edition TM..am I out of date?)

Thanks so much for the guidance!
Working...
X