No announcement yet.

Confessions to Encourage Each Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very encouraging! Thank you. I see my teen getting better at it, but she has a ways to go. It looks like more time and maturity will help. Though, when she needs to be somewhere she wants to be, or the task will result in something she is passionate about, she is very on top of things. Otherwise...eh.

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
    Arrowmama ,

I have a teen who just up until the beginning of last year had to be sitting right next to me to keep on task. She, too, has a beautiful heart and was not trying to be unproductive, it would just sort of happen. And then - wonder of all wonders - she morphed into a very driven young thing that now only has a day like that now and then (such as yesterday!). But yes, despite the ability to do their work, they definitely still need accountability!!!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    Rose
    DD1 - 16 (11th grade, Great Books student + dual enrollment)
    DD2 - 10 (MP 4A)
    DS - 2 (MP Preschool)

Comment

Yes - it is SO MUCH about internal motivation! She has enough excess ability to bottle it up and sell it, but it’s gotta be her decision to use it!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 17
      DD, 15
      DD, 13
      DD, 11
      DD, 9
      DD, 7
      +DS+
      DS, 2

Comment

Confession: at some point I have to admit that I start planning the following school year just to escape dealing with the current year. You know, the dream of great things as yet unspoiled by fallen human nature! Seriously, though, planning is a ton of work to be done alongside the routine school work, but it's fun work - more fun than keeping my nose to the grindstone...
        DS (15)
        DD (14)
        DS (7)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
          Confession: at some point I have to admit that I start planning the following school year just to escape dealing with the current year. You know, the dream of great things as yet unspoiled by fallen human nature! Seriously, though, planning is a ton of work to be done alongside the routine school work, but it's fun work - more fun than keeping my nose to the grindstone...
          Yikes...me too. just received next years curriculum....but only in the early week 20's...for this one.
          Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
          DS (MP3A) - 8
          DS (1) - 7
          DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

My daughters are getting through their final week of school here by daydreaming and researching what planners they need for next year. They aren't in a static core and have to write down assignments from cottage school, online, and home, plus extracurriculars. So we all do what we have to do, right? I'm not above bribing with planners.
            Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
            12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
            10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
            7th • HLN & Home
            4th • HLN & Home
            Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...
            X